Ram Mount Ideas?

• HTML tutorial

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

Here are some pictures of my setup in my Rubicon. I have the dash bar from Vector offroad which you can mount endless accessories from gps, iPad, Traildash, cellphone..etc. Both Ram mounts and 67 designs make arms and accessorie mounts for this.20190119_124821.jpeg20190119_124946.jpeg

Reactions: Overland Commander

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

Most likely not but I guarantee with less than $40 and a little creativity you can easily make one. Get some 1" metal tubing, some texture spray, and whatever vehicle specific mounting bolts on your dash you need from the local hardware store and it would be an easy mod. Go on youtube and look up the install video for Vector and you will see the simplicity in it.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I have the Ram X-Grip window suction mount for my phone. It has never fallen off, even under extreme and long conditions. I have the Ram X-Grip III large tablet mount, on the 18" aluminum bendable rod that mounts to the passenger seat frame bolt. It is also very sturdy, even in rough conditions. I hang my InReach from my rear-view mirror as do not navigate with it, just keep it running to track our journeys and for emergency comms.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Here is the setup I have in my JKU.

Vector Offroad JKE Dash Bar.
Ram Mount for the cell phone and one for the iPad
Will be purchasing the Garmin InReach Explorer mount too soon

Overall very pleased with the fitment and works perfect for my needs.
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 3.09.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 3.09.34 PM.png

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
I've been looking at different set-ups/ideas for the van for some time now. One consideration I have is the cab area being so big, I almost need to have two areas for mounting. When I'm alone, I want the devices closer to the driver's side and when my wife's with me, I want them on her side so she can handle navigation & comms (I know......Risky.....). Here's what I'm leaning towards:

Both Ram Mounts and YakAttack (kayaking accessories) make mounting rails for the round ball mounts. These are low profile and come in different lengths. For strength and to reduce vibration, I'm adding a backing plate on the underside of the dash, so the actual dash will be sandwiched between the mounting rail and the backing plate.
Ram Mount Ball #1.jpgRam Mount Ball #2.jpgRam Mount Track #1.jpg
This system will allow me to easily slide the devices from left to right as needed. It will also allow me to keep them away from/above the airbags.

Reactions: Overland Commander

Thomas Fuller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Fuller
Member #

I actually went with a Quad Lock case and car Mount, has been super solid.
Before that I had the Ram scissor grip, suction cup base, also worked great for its cost.