Staff member
Mod Team

Traveler III

Florida, USA
First Name
randy
Last Name
g
Finally back in a truck after having a car for a few years. Just picked up a 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins that I will be building into an overlanding rig!
So far plan is:
Rack
Roof top tent
Bed slideout
Front bumper with 16k winch
Rear bumper
On board air
Solar panels
Auxiliary power system
Batwing awning (not sure brand yet)
Some kind of refrigeration and cooking area (need some ideas)
Light bars
Long term plans (2-3years):
AEV lift and fenders with 40x15.50 tires
Gears and ARB air lockers

Attachments

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
If ur open to an alternative to a rack and RTT check out the Adventure Trailers website. They have some hybrid truck campers for your truck which are awesome. They’re hollow inside an preserve using the whole truck bed

F250_IDI_Scott

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

Finally back in a truck after having a car for a few years. Just picked up a 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins that I will be building into an overlanding rig!
So far plan is:
Rack
Roof top tent
Bed slideout
Rear bumper
On board air
Solar panels
Auxiliary power system
Light bars
Hey, I am in the process of doing the same thing. Found this company that I am giving some serious consideration to for a rack. Mainly due to the strong durability of the rack, the ability to customize it for your specific vehicle, and I want to bring my quad which will fit under the rack perfectly (I am not doing pull out drawer system so that I can bring my quad. I want to be able to explore even further and go to those even more remote locations)

Anyway, here is the link.

F250_IDI_Scott

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Clawson
Member #

So far plan is:
Rack
Roof top tent
Bed slideout
Rear bumper
On board air
Solar panels
Auxiliary power system
Light bars
I am also most likely going to go with a CVT (Cascadia Vehicle Tent). Mainly due to the outstanding quality and durability of the tents. A plus is that I am from Oregon so I like to support local business. They are from the same town my sister lives in, Bend Oregon. You can even get an insulated interior liner if you plan to go to cold places.

Cummins_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

If you haven't decided on a rack yet the ADV bed back by wilco is awesome, strong, durable, and lightweight. So far I've had zero issues with the rack, it holds the tent and other mounted equipment as it was designed to do, doesn't matter if I'm on the trail being bounced around or jamming down the highway at 85mph it's absolutely solid. I do have one con and it has more to with the company not the product, their customer service is lacking that's putting it nicely but absolutely great product.

Cummins_Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

If you haven't decided on a rack yet the ADV bed back by wilco is awesome, strong, durable, and lightweight. So far I've had zero issues with the rack, it holds the tent and other mounted equipment as it was designed to do, doesn't matter if I'm on the trail being bounced around or jamming down the highway at 85mph it's absolutely solid. I do have one con and it has more to with the company not the product, their customer service is lacking that's putting it nicely but absolutely great product.
IMG_0902.JPG