Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
What's up everyone?! Happy friday! For you people that have ram 1500s that are leveled, what kits are you using and how high? 2" or 2.5s. I have a bone stock 2013 ram 1500 sport. Has the ram boxes. Bought it new and while it's a nice truck I feel it's to city for western pa. I have been building the jeep the past few and now I think it's time to do a little with the truck. I have 2 girls and thinking with the family the jk may be getting to small lol. I was thinking a 4" but my wife drives it all the time and she's 5'5". So to put 35s and a 4" may be to much. Next year I was thinking of a power wagon but mine will be paid off and no real need for a 2500 anymore. Any input would be great thanks. Send pics if you got em. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

JKarsy

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cheyenne, WY 82009, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Karsgaard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5RXR
I have a very similar vehicle. 2017 RAM1500 crew cab (the shorter back door). My is still stock as well. Thinking of the Rancho Quick lift or spending the money and getting the ICON system. Either way I think the largest I will go on tires is 305/70-17.

Reactions: crit_pw

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

I leveled my wife's 2016 1500 Sport with the Bilstein adjustable 5100 series strut. Very nice ride and we actually set hers at 2.1". This left the front ever so slightly lower than the front but it looks level. When we went higher it made it look like the back was squatted. I don't remember the tire size we went with but actual diameter was 34.6 on stock rims with no clearance issues.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Carli has some very affordable entry level kits. There custom valve shocks have very good reviews.

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I leveled my wife's 2016 1500 Sport with the Bilstein adjustable 5100 series strut. Very nice ride and we actually set hers at 2.1". This left the front ever so slightly lower than the front but it looks level. When we went higher it made it look like the back was squatted. I don't remember the tire size we went with but actual diameter was 34.6 on stock rims with no clearance issues.
I highly recommend those adjustable Bilstein 5100's. I used them as well to level my previous 1500. Mine were at 2.8”. I then upgraded to a oyoT Open County AT/II 275/65R20 Load Range E tire. No rubbing. I also added Tufftrucks TTC-1223 coils in the rear because I tow. This raised the rear of the truck and gave it the rake back.

Don't even bother with doing a spacer. It's garbage. This is the better way. And worth while upgrade. Do the rears while you're at it. You won't regret it.

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
I highly recommend those adjustable Bilstein 5100's. I used them as well to level my previous 1500. Mine were at 2.8”. I then upgraded to a oyoT Open County AT/II 275/65R20 Load Range E tire. No rubbing. I also added Tufftrucks TTC-1223 coils in the rear because I tow. This raised the rear of the truck and gave it the rake back.

Don't even bother with doing a spacer. It's garbage. This is the better way. And worth while upgrade. Do the rears while you're at it. You won't regret it.

Ditto on everything he said. I had the exact setup on my 2012 ram 1500. The spacers were crap. The tufftruck springs are STOUT. I had Bilstein shocks in the back as well. With 1000 lbs of cargo and tongue weight, the truck sat level with the front at 2.8. Rode way better than my now current truck, an 07 power wagon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

As I previously said I have experience with the Bilstein adjustable 5100's and have zero complaints. I know Carli Suspension is now offering a Fox Shocks (2" lift front and 1/4" lift rear) and a Kings strut/shocks kit (2" lift front, 1/2" lift rear) both kits include front and rear springs. Thuren also offers a King based kit for the 1500's and finally Rancho offers a "loaded" strut assembly complete with springs that gives a 2" lift to the front only. Like I said I have the Bilstein adjustable struts on the wife's 1500 and it rides and handles great. I have had no isssues and the install was pretty easy overall. Just wanted to throw some of the other options out there for you to consider.

Mountain.Mike

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
Sub'd. I have a 14 Ram 1500 and am about to level it with the 5100's set to 2.1. The research I've done on Ramforumz indicates that I should be able to clear 275/65R20s (34") on the factory wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: OffroadTreks

Mountain.Mike

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Pikeville, Kentucky
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Pruitt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4JNQ
Yup, that's what I was running above. I'm over there too. Just don't post as often anymore.
Did you do change your sway bar end links? I have noticed a few guys running extended links, but most don't seem to bother. Just curious what your experience was. They don't seem to be necessary, but I was wondering if they substantially affected ride or handling.