AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
I would prefer to be able to store my fridge in my truck bed on my bed slider under my bed rack instead of in the cab. What fridges do they have the can be out in the rain and elements?

I know ARB makes the Element fridge.
I've seen some of the ICECO fridges advertised on sites as being OK in the rain, but the official ICECO site does not state this. Anyone know for sure?
Any other fridges OK in the rain?

Thank you all.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
In overlanding videos from our fellow overlanders in Australia, you can often see fridges lashed to the pickup bed or the like outside. Some of the fridges are really very robust. But the control element is not always waterproof. The often available thermal cover also protect against dirt. The ARB Elements mentioned by you is the only one I know which was designed specifically for outdoor use. These ARB Elements fridges have from my point of view numerous other well thought-out features:
  • housing made of stainless steel and robust, UV-resistant plastic
  • box is splash-proof and weatherproof.
  • very practical gas pressure damper that keeps the lid open
I am curious about further contributions to this topic!

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Same issue here. Following...

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
As lame is it sounds I was thinking of getting the Iceco Pro series (I really like the lid options on it) and putting a storage bin over it (upside down). Either have the bin spaced off the bed slide floor about 1.5" to allow air flow or have it mounted flush (with velcro?) to the floor with some strategically drilled vent holes. This would keep water out of the compressor vents and control panel. Having water on the floor of my bed slide shouldn't effect the fridge at all.

Here is the space I'm dealing with. I would probably need some sort of fridge drop/angle slide because of the height of my bed.

IMG_1601.jpg

Last edited: