• HTML tutorial

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

filling a rotopax.png

When you're on the road, it's not always easy finding a spot to fill your water jugs (Rotopax or others). I bought this $5.00 facet/sink sprayer, cut off the sprayer head and keep it with me now. If I'm in an area where I can't easily access an outdoor faucet, I can take this into a washroom, attach to the sink and fill my water jugs quickly. No more wrestling with trying to get a Rotopax or other large water jug into a sink and creating a mess of spilled water everywhere. That all being said, I do keep an eye out for outdoor faucets and try to keep my 'tanks' topped up as much as possible!

Bonus: keep a couple of inches or more on the sprayer head side. You can jury rig a personal 'shower' system with it.

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
Good idea, thanks for sharing. I have been using the camco water bandit with a small section of regular hose for a while, but your idea looks more compact/flexible.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
This is a great idea. I'm gonna have to swing by Home Depot this week!

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Good idea, thanks for sharing. I have been using the camco water bandit with a small section of regular hose for a while, but your idea looks more compact/flexible.
I also use a water bandit. It has worked well. It won't hold pressure though, so you can't use it for that sort of thing (like running it through an eccotemp for a shower from a faucet.) . But you can fill a bucket and use a 12v pump still.

chuckles89

Rank I

Contributor III

Anyone have a link for one of the sink attachments? I'm having a hard time finding them online...

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Apparently the magic keyword for these things is "shampoo spray hose"

Here's one on amazon:

Just cut the shower head part off and you're in business

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
I'll let my wife know you've found a second use for a Diva Cup. lmao
A year late and a bit off topic but that’s the first thing I thought off too. :) Damn, there’s Diva, Lunette, Fleur, and Miluna (sp?) all lined up in the bathroom once a month. So tempted to stick them all to th mirror and see how quickly I end up sleeping on the couch :D

Reactions: Kevin108