Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Peace
Member #

I created an account as a guest. After five days and enjoying what I was reading. I joined as a member. I received an email asking me to activate my account. That is where I got lost. Can anyone help me please?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I created an account as a guest. After five days and enjoying what I was reading. I joined as a member. I received an email asking me to activate my account. That is where I got lost. Can anyone help me please?
There should have been an activation link in the email to confirm the activation process.

@Jim SoG can you look into this?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
In your email asking you to activate your account, there is a hyperlink, click on it and you are all set.....
LMK how it goes.

Jim

Catch22Ranger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pahrump, Nye County, Nevada, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Grabbe
Member #

I have received the same email to activate. I am sure they will get it fixed. I wasn’t a guest at first I made purchase but the activation link sent me to the login page but no password. That’s when I did a guest account to setup them added the OB number.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have received the same email to activate. I am sure they will get it fixed. I wasn’t a guest at first I made purchase but the activation link sent me to the login page but no password. That’s when I did a guest account to setup them added the OB number.
When you were directed to the log in page without password is when you activated your account credentials… adding your OB number to your profile had nothing to do with the process of activating your account.

BonesPeace

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Peace
Member #

In your email asking you to activate your account, there is a hyperlink, click on it and you are all set.....
LMK how it goes.

Jim
Thanks Jim
That’s what I did. It’s a button.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I cant find you in the database, but I set your membership, will find you later....LOL

BonesPeace

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Peace
Member #

I’m sure administration will fix it. I feel like a dummy. Maybe they should sale a book “Overland Bound For Dummies “ lol

Scooter2go

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Welch, Minnesota, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Fjetland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
na
I've had many of the same problems initially. It also gets compounded with separate sign ins etc for the store. I like the concept of what Overland Bound is trying to do but I really think the system is burdensome, I did get frustrated and nearly walked away. Things finally all straightened out. Now just trying to sort out the rest of the site.

Reactions: BonesPeace