Question: Map Pin?

• HTML tutorial

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
[EDIT] I am retarded, I saw it as soon as the attached screenshot posted, please disregard.
For others' reference, "Contact Me" must be checked... :grimacing: [/EDIT]

@Michael
Any idea why I show up in CT when my location is set to Moab? I thought there used to be two location fields in the profile, but I do not see "Member Map Location". I did try both "Moab, UT" and "Moab, Utah" in the Location field... no change on the map.

I move around constantly, so I like to update my location, it used to work. I figured Moab would be a big one for other members visiting and looking to meetup.

Thanks!

Attachments

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@aearles There's definitely something weird going on. Here's another thread where people are not showing up the right places. It's had me located all over the country lately. https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/member-location-map.326/#post-91088

And I think that you are correct, in that there used to be a second Map specific location. My main location is just Northern Ohio, but the map one was my exact location. That still showed you anywhere in a 25 mile radius for security, which put me in any of the 30 or so nearby cities. @Michael wanted this so folks couldn't rob your house when you're out exploring. ;)

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I'm having the same problem, albeit not that bad! My pin is showing in Pacheco, CA and I am in Concord.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: BobG

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
If your location is jacked on the map, just tell everyone it's because you were out exploring and the map function was having a hard time keeping up with your travels. Unfortunately, the map shows me to be exactly where I am, because I'm stuck working all this week and weekend, and don't have anything fun planned.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
If your location is jacked on the map, just tell everyone it's because you were out exploring and the map function was having a hard time keeping up with your travels. Unfortunately, the map shows me to be exactly where I am, because I'm stuck working all this week and weekend, and don't have anything fun planned.
There you go!