Question for Subaru owners

• HTML tutorial

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

My daughter is looking to buy a 2017 Outback and we live on the edge of the desert outside of Phoenix. We have all kinds of desert creatures by our house that love to chew on wires on cars. We had a lot of problems with a VW (had to get it towed three times because it wouldn’t start). VW used wire that had palm oil in the insulation that the rodents like. We don’t have a problem with the Jeep, and only a few little problems with a Nissan work van.

Anyone know of a problem with newer Subarus? It will be an outside car, no room in the garage.

We might also be looking at a Crosscheck for a daily driver for my wife. Would love to hear any pros or cons on the Crosscheck or the Outback.

Todd

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Crosstreks are way under powered. Wife has a turbo Forrester (they don't make them anymore) and loves it. She didn't like the Outback. Too station wagoney (yeah that's not a word) for her. But they have great towing capacity.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

I love my crosstrek. I didnt buy it to go fast. Kind of a bummer with all the recalls but the dealership has taken care of them all quickly.8B2A1AA9-5D7F-4A31-82E4-D2D0FC3B48B1.jpeg

scalman

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Lithuania
outbacks are great and comfy and spacy cars but wires are not secured no matter what year or model car you would choose. there are some sprays that are made for wires against those bad creatures. nothing to do with car. for small car crosstek is ok , like for one or two people in it not more.