Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
For the JK, specifically the 2017, can anyone tell me what fuse I need to move to allow full time power to the cigarette lighter adapter in the rear cargo area?

Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

OHHH. I didn't even know this possible. Looking to do this also. :0)

k_dipietro

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Kris
Last Name
D
Member #

So your 2017 doesn't have power in the rear port when the Jeep is powered off? I know my 2014 Sahara JKU does have power all the time. I have the side mounted subwoofer with the cigarette lighter connector build into that panel. I wonder if it's wired differently than no sub?

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
So your 2017 doesn't have power in the rear port when the Jeep is powered off? I know my 2014 Sahara JKU does have power all the time. I have the side mounted subwoofer with the cigarette lighter connector build into that panel. I wonder if it's wired differently than no sub?
Mine does and has the subwoofer mounted in the floor, but the power to the cigarette lighter adapter goes off when you turn the engine off. I remember reading somewhere you can flip a fuse in the fuse box to change this, but i can't find where i read what fuse it is.

redhat6161

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Patrick
Member #

(M7) is a 2 position fuse. One position makes the outlet hot all the time. The second position makes the outlet hot when the key is in ACC or RUN.

Reactions: darjo242

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
(M7) is a 2 position fuse. One position makes the outlet hot all the time. The second position makes the outlet hot when the key is in ACC or RUN.
Thanks! Using that information I was able to pull up a fuse box diagram and picture. Going to have to play around with this on my day off!!