Question about the Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL3

• HTML tutorial

Contributor II

New York
First Name
jennyfer
Last Name
raynor
Big Agnes, Tiger Wall UL3 — anyone else have this tent and have trouble getting in and out with the vestibules?
I got this tent in prep for my thru hike of the CO trail in August and I took it on an over nighter. Was not in love with getting in and out of it … the vestibule zippers didn’t seem to line up well with the tent zippers.
I did some research and found that many keep the rain fly open … this wouldn’t be practical during actual rain though, would it? Keeping one side up and the other vestibule side staked?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I did some research and found that many keep the rain fly open … this wouldn’t be practical during actual rain though, would it? Keeping one side up and the other vestibule side staked?
that is exactly how I use my backpacking tent… Not a Big Agnes Tent, but still a known higher quality UL tent. Just like you pointed out the zippers don’t align between the rain fly and tent… but this isn’t a problem. Stake out the vestibule and roll back one side, stash my gear behind the one side and when it rains just close the vestibule and then close the tent if needed. Lots of times I leave the tent door open to make sure that water isn’t getting to my gear.