Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Has anyone else had problems with getting orders from CBI Offroad Fab/Prinsu Roof Rack out of Idaho? I placed an order for a bed rack bundle during their Black Friday sale (bundle = an overlanding bed rack, a set of MaxTrax MKII and the mount to mount the MaxTrax to my bed rack) I finally got my bed rack on 2/4 and I have to say, I really liked the quality and look of it. but the other items in the bundle did not come. I called them and I was assured they were on the way. I waited another week and called again this time requesting tracking info on the MIA items and found out from ups website that they were never shipped, a tracking number was created but ups never got my stuff. after many waste of time phone calls to these guys, no one knows what is going on and they tell you what they think you want to hear. I finally got a set of MaxTrax Friday but they were not the color I ordered, but at this point I feel fortunate I got them at all. I also received a package with what was supposed to be the mounts for the MaxTrax, i am no engineer or expert fabricator, but I do have mechanical aptitude and I can usually figure out how something works, but for the life of me, I am having trouble figuring out how this mount could possibly mount these MaxTrax to my bed rack.

this is what is supposed to be in the bundle.
58FA86D4-D20B-4A82-9BE5-9786175943E3.jpeg

here is the mounting bracket they say mounts the MaxTrax to my bedrack
CCCD1DAE-769B-4566-8592-C7104AAA70C4.jpeg

and here is the mount loosely tied to the MaxTrax to show how it is literally impossible to mount to my bed rack
0C00E320-E862-4D03-9FCE-3AE117591D0A.jpeg

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Tim,
Pick up the phone and call them! They were running 90 days behind. Have them, confirm your order...
DG

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Tim,
Pick up the phone and call them! They were running 90 days behind. Have them, confirm your order...
DG
I know they are behind, I have called them until I’m blue in the face, I call them several times a day, they give BS answers to where my stuff is and when I will get it and no one actually knows what is really going on. At this point I have received everything except the mount for the MaxTrax and Friday they laid the news on me that I have to purchase a set of mounting pins from MaxTrax that they do not offer them with the bundle. Bait and switch, when I originally spoke to them about placing my order, they assured me everything I needed to mount the bed rack to my truck and to mount the MaxTrax to the bed rack was included in the bundle. Kind of convenient now I find out that the guy I made the order with that gave me all the wrong info is no longer employed with CBI. I am almost to the point of getting legal advice to find out what my options are

Funner98

Rank III

Traveler III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Lucia
Last Name
Matioli
Member #

I got a prinsu full rack from them and they were on time and super helpful I. Tracking down the install guide for me for my rig. Sorry you’re having issues, but in general, COVID has caused a lot of issues across the board for companies.
Hope the rest of your stuff arrives soon.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

That’s really weird. Looking at the first image it looks like there is some horizontal bar that is longer than on the rack you got.

Good luck!
That is what I have been trying to get CBI to send me, it is supposed to bolt to the rack and the MaxTrax bolt to the mount, I’m glad someone else can see how to fix the problem. Can you go work at CBI and help them get my order right so I can be done with them?

• Sad
Reactions: Desert Runner