Puttering around Acadia

• HTML tutorial

Veritablehatter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boston, MA
Member #

Forgot my actual camera, so only had my phone for the weekend. Even with time and my camera in working order I probably couldn't do this place justice. It's incredibly beautiful.

After the morning hiking along the loop we headed down to the beach to follow some trails that were a little more challenging

more beach

Starting up Gorham. It's not a hard hike by any means. Over the course of the day we probably did about 7ish miles puttering around in loops on trails over Mt. Desert Island, about half was groomed like this, some of it was a little scrambly, but it was all nice.

Shot from the morning, along an area of big tumbled rocks.

What most of the trails looked like. They were remarkably pleasant, but sometimes it took a little time to find where the markers were between rocks and shrubs.

a bit later, up Gorham. My gal, with a hat her dad got "a sufficiently long enough time ago that he wont tell me how he got it". She took it because it was hilariously tacky.

headed back tot he trailhead

Obligatory "here's my ride" shot. Sadly I haven't gotten around to putting on much more than a hitch, but this summer should see a few more changes.

I guess, when in Maine, eat BBQ and Lobster.