Purchase inspection help PDX

• HTML tutorial
U

UgotWheelz

I’m trying to find out if there’s anybody locally between Portland Oregon and Seattle Washington that would have the skills necessary to help me inspect a full-size four-wheel-drive F450 truck I am considering purchasing for Overlanding. I am very mechanically inclined but I don’t know what to look for as two common things that fail on conventional solid axle four-wheel-drive vehicles I come from all wheel drive and import vehicles this is a little out of my wheelhouse. My Jeep WK two is down for at least 10 to 15 days due to a bad key fob I can no longer operate the vehicle my back up key fob works only intermittently which means it could leave me stranded until I get replacements. So I’m expediting my search for a vehicle with more capacity and capability.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m trying to find out if there’s anybody locally between Portland Oregon and Seattle Washington that would have the skills necessary to help me inspect a full-size four-wheel-drive F450 truck I am considering purchasing for Overlanding. I am very mechanically inclined but I don’t know what to look for as two common things that fail on conventional solid axle four-wheel-drive vehicles I come from all wheel drive and import vehicles this is a little out of my wheelhouse. My Jeep WK two is down for at least 10 to 15 days due to a bad key fob I can no longer operate the vehicle my back up key fob works only intermittently which means it could leave me stranded until I get replacements. So I’m expediting my search for a vehicle with more capacity and capability.
waiting for your key fob is way smarter than getting the F450. Do your homework.