Puppy Dog Trail and Vermont Greens

• HTML tutorial

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

Went on a weekend camping adventure last weekend covering a bunch of the Puppy Dog Trail - a dirt road trail put together for dual use (?) BMWs that runs the length of Vermont, plus some forest roads. Terrain/views included mud, snow, rivers, fallen rocks, interesting bridges, horse & buggy, silo house and a march for science at the state capitol. A recommended exploration - especially in mud season.

hd host images

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

in jamaica.... opposite my house, did you see my rover?
Was that the nice hopped up green Disco? I have a pic of that one, but can't recall which town. I saw at least one other, but don't recall the details.

I'd love to hear what you and the other locals do for roads/trails in that area. The Stratton-Arlington road was great.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

@TGF I'm looking at your pictures and thinking to myself, "We should do an OB Foliage run along this, so called, Puppy Trail." What's the likelihood I can convince you to help me put something together for the fall?

Reactions: TGF and KStPeter

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

@TGF I'm looking at your pictures and thinking to myself, "We should do an OB Foliage run along this, so called, Puppy Trail." What's the likelihood I can convince you to help me put something together for the fall?
That would be soooo cool. Plus you will be here by then! [emoji1303]

Reactions: TGF

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

Quite high. :) Would be lots of fun. If we have a MA-based crew, we may want to start South and work North. Are you thinking day trip (probably easier) or adding some camping (could be an tack-on for those interested?)?

I am headed up to owners day at Equinox in a few weeks and might get a chance to check out some more of the trial - hope so.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Quite high. :) Would be lots of fun. If we have a MA-based crew, we may want to start South and work North. Are you thinking day trip (probably easier) or adding some camping (could be an tack-on for those interested?)?

I am headed up to owners day at Equinox in a few weeks and might get a chance to check out some more of the trial - hope so.
Let me know how that goes. Do you have a gpx for the part you have done? I'd like to look at the route and see how hard it would be to incorporate some camping.

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

Last edited:

bonesky

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boston
Member #

@TGF Can you drop a pin or let me know of that camping location? I was able to use the file you uploaded. Plan on camping this weekend and looks like a nice spot.