Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I know someone that decked an attendant in NJ. Guy yelled jibbrish at him and tried to take the nozzle away.

Lol. Something about fueling only on even days if you have an even numbered plate or something, during storm season. Ding dong didn't see, that it was a service vehicle.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Even though Oregon is changing policies at the pump, Counties are exempting the ruling, just as in 2017. Union County (my county) for instance this law will not effect since we will be making a policy to be exempt from the state law.

jsalbre

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Meridian, Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Albrecht
Service Branch
US Air Force
Glad they're finally changing it. I really don't want some gas station attendant touching my vehicles. I'll admit that when I'm in Oregon I generally just get out and pump my own gas if there isn't an attendant standing right there. Only once has anyone said anything and I just feigned ignorance as an out-of-stater.

Even though Oregon is changing policies at the pump, Counties are exempting the ruling, just as in 2017. Union County (my county) for instance this law will not effect since we will be making a policy to be exempt from the state law.
It kills me that a locality can exempt itself from the laws of the greater area. We need one set of consistent laws across a state, and IMHO across the country. As a traveller I shouldn't have to wonder or worry that I'm breaking a law in one state that didn't exist in any others.

HaVeeBear

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Elkridge, Maryland, United States
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Armendariz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3VWL

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
It kills me that a locality can exempt itself from the laws of the greater area. We need one set of consistent laws across a state, and IMHO across the country. As a traveller I shouldn't have to wonder or worry that I'm breaking a law in one state that didn't exist in any others.
I would disagree to an extent. If you knew the political climate of Oregon you would understand why certain counties set up their own policies. That is as deep as I’m diving into the political structure here. Feel free to DM me if you would like to continue the discussion.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
With a 55 gallon tank, I can pretty much pump however I want to.

If they don't like it, I can fill up daily elsewhere, where they can keep their mouths closed.

I don't recall ever having an issue.

My biggest issue is that big truck pumps don't have card readers. Or that when the pump I swipe, isn't the one that turns on. I hate run down old truck stops with weird oddities.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Glad they're finally changing it. I really don't want some gas station attendant touching my vehicles. I'll admit that when I'm in Oregon I generally just get out and pump my own gas if there isn't an attendant standing right there. Only once has anyone said anything and I just feigned ignorance as an out-of-stater.

A few cities and towns in Massachusetts still require the attendant to pump gas, like Watertown. Drives me up a wall.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Without getting political, this is more Civics...the States were always supposed to be able to govern themselves, and many only joined "the Union" with the express expectation that they be able to do so.
.this is not politics, just the civics of how the nation came to be. That's why I was driving to New Hampshire early Sunday mornings back in the day...Massachusetts had blue laws outlawing the sale of alcohol on Sundays, NH did not