• HTML tutorial

Carpenter

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Peotone, IL 60468
Member #

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for letting me be a part of this community, I am looking forward to meeting others on a few outings this year. I wanted to put out for discussion about pull-out camp kitchens. The company I work for is always open for innovative ideas on new products. I brought to them an idea for a truck bed pull-out kitchen I had, they loved it and gave me a green light to build a prototype. I wanted to ask everyone- what brand water container, stove, and food storage is most commonly used. I have it set for a stove and collapsible sink on the lower level pull-out, then a water container and cooler on the main pullout. All in all, this pulls out a total of 6' with a top storage for camp gear or dry goods. Let me know what you all think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 94Cruiser

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hi @Carpenter, and welcome to overlandbound.

There are a ton of threads here on what people use for water containers, stoves, and food storage, as well as a variety of posts on camp kitchens, chuck boxes, and pull out kitchens. You'll find them in the Kitchen, Cooking, And Recipes part of this forum.

I'm moving this post there, and think you'll get more response that way. I'd poke around there too, pretty thoroughly, and think you'll find all kinds of info on containers, the variety of ways different people do things, and will see a number of DIY designs of pull-out kitchens that may help you design and build yours.

Let us know what you end up with for prototype, with images if you can, and I'm sure a lot of us will offer feedback from experience with our own set-ups.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Louder