Tacoma, WA
First Name
Kathryn
Last Name
Antonetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7USR
I have a Propex HS2211 heater that I’d like to mount in a box for easy set up and transportation. Anyone have any great box ideas? I’ve seen some folks use an big old metal tool box, but I don’t think they really make those anymore. Was thinking maybe ammo can but can’t find a good size. The heater is about 11” x 6” x 18”. I’d like to leave room to store the ducts and propane hose in the box as well.

Phillysteak

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Haasnoot
Member #

@K7USR I haven't searched for a steel tool box in a while, you weren't kidding about them not really making much of them anymore.

These aren't cheap but you might be able to squeeze it into one of these: ST10 - 9" H x 15" D x 18" W - Steel Handyman Tote Toolbox with Carring Handle, Tray, Single Latch and Black Powder Coated Finish.

Another option might be to use a plastic tool box and shield it from the hot components of the propex using a heat shield or fiberglass. I'm not too familiar with the propane tent heaters.

Reactions: K7USR

K7USR

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Kathryn
Last Name
Antonetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7USR
@K7USR I haven't searched for a steel tool box in a while, you weren't kidding about them not really making much of them anymore.

These aren't cheap but you might be able to squeeze it into one of these: ST10 - 9" H x 15" D x 18" W - Steel Handyman Tote Toolbox with Carring Handle, Tray, Single Latch and Black Powder Coated Finish.

Another option might be to use a plastic tool box and shield it from the hot components of the propex using a heat shield or fiberglass. I'm not too familiar with the propane tent heaters.
Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out post pictures of the final product.