Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Purchased a very sturdy 20gl propane tank holder and installed it on my roof rack earlier this week. The propane is used only for cooking and heating our tent. I personally didn’t want to mess around with small propane tanks.

Any suggestions on securing it properly?

Attachments

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Yikes, that's a lot of weight up high. We have a 2.5 gallon shortie up top secured with the frontrunner tank holder. I just had to cut the turnbuckle/threaded rods shorter. To answer your question - I'm assuming your holder is bolted down to the rack, as mine is. However, it looks like your bottle can pop right out of the top as the collar is the same dimension as the body of the bottle. Looks like your stuck using a bungee cord. gbho012_12_1.jpg

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Yikes, that's a lot of weight up high. We have a 2.5 gallon shortie up top secured with the frontrunner tank holder. I just had to cut the turnbuckle/threaded rods shorter. To answer your question - I'm assuming your holder is bolted down to the rack, as mine is. However, it looks like your bottle can pop right out of the top as the collar is the same dimension as the body of the bottle. Looks like your stuck using a bungee cord. View attachment 222979
To your comment, I will take some additional measure. Thanks.