Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Maximus
Our M416 build has a space on the tongue to carry a 20# propane cylinder. Our cook station and fire pit are used on the rear driver side. I'd really like to have a flexible connection at the tank and hard-pipe to the rear of the trailer where I could mount a quick connect.
Has anyone done this?
Looking for ideas and / or sources for materials. A recessed fitting would be great to keep it from getting broken off.

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I'd be willing to bet if you called or showed the trailer to a local plumbing business they could at least write your shopping list. Personally I would just run another flexible line to the back, I'm sure you can buy them plenty long enough. My deep fryer has one at least 6ft long, maybe more.

Reactions: hey_poolboy

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I did it on both my trailers. Not difficult. I use quick release fittings and ball valves on both ends. You can use fittings rated for air but I like the brass propane ones better. Going through sheet metal you can get threaded bulkhead fittings, also in brass. For the lines, on my M-100 I used hard line for most of it and flexable on my tear drop.

As I mentioned, not difficult. If you have difficulty fining a specific part, just reach out to me.