Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Anyone have pictures and/or information about theirs? Their website isn't working and I'm having a tough time finding pictures anywhere...It looks to be a high quality, light weight option for my ZR2 (they currently just make it for the taco so I'd have to look at a custom option) but I'm hoping to get more info from people who run it first.

TIA

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

FJ81

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
Member #

They just use t slot extrusions as the crossbars, I ended up ordering a bunch of those and making a rack for my landcruiser. Tnutz.com has those extrusions and you can get a decent price on them pretapped, and cut to length. The fancy thing about the prinsu was the nice bent and cut side panels.
20171207_103807.jpg 20171207_125711.jpg 20171207_202651.jpg
The 10 series tslot extrusions are 1x2inch, that is what prinsu uses. Ujoint off road also makes a rack for the 4x4 van crowd, it is mainly out of tslot extrusions as well.

ZR2inCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Try cbi off road, they bought the prinsu design.
http://www.cbioffroadfab.com

Well I just went there, it just links you back to their(prinsu) site. I was able to browse the pics i the tacoma section though
Yea it seems their website is up and running again! Unfortunately, it doesn't list the bed rack I was hoping to find...

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

FJ81

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
Member #

They might be changing things around due to the transition. Who knows. Good luck finding something, I am sure there are other options.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Anyone have pictures and/or information about theirs? Their website isn't working and I'm having a tough time finding pictures anywhere...It looks to be a high quality, light weight option for my ZR2 (they currently just make it for the taco so I'd have to look at a custom option) but I'm hoping to get more info from people who run it first.

TIA

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app
Have you looked into the Frontrunner Slimline II racks? The racks are awesome...its what we use on our trailers for a reason.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/roof-racks/pick-up-bed-racks/chevrolet-colorado-pick-uptruck-bed-rack-kit-all-trims-2004-to-present-front-runner-slimline-ii.html

ZR2inCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Have you looked into the Frontrunner Slimline II racks? The racks are awesome...its what we use on our trailers for a reason.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/roof-racks/pick-up-bed-racks/chevrolet-colorado-pick-uptruck-bed-rack-kit-all-trims-2004-to-present-front-runner-slimline-ii.html
I have and they're really nice! Personally, I'm looking for something a little taller so it won't inhibit line of sight out the back window as much. I'm also hoping to find something that doesn't require drilling, something that can bolt into the peg holes.

ZR2inCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Have you looked at KB voodoo? The have a bed rack that will work on any truck and with a tonneau cover

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I have, but still haven't been able to find what I'm looking for (I don't want the rack to be too tall but still not obstruct my view out the back).

My hope is to find something that follows the lines of the truck, around the rear window. My perfect rack would be a mixture of the AEV concept and the Leitner Designs racks (but shorter so the top of the rack doesn't protrude above the roof line). Something with the shape of the AEV rack and mobility/accessibility of the Leitner rack.

I guess I'm picky because what I'm looking for doesn't seem to exist yet...I'm looking into Fab shops near me and will post up a build thread if I can find someone who can build what I'm looking to run.

Chris Radalia

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, Ohio
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Radalia
Member #

Sounds like everyone is somewhat alike. I've decided to build my own custom bed rack with a variety of components from vendors. Used KB Voodoo bed mounts that are above the tonneau cover, Prinsu center rails, and custom fabricated side rails to tie it all together. Looking to carry the Mtn Bikes, and Maxtrax on it. Prinsu full roof rack for any extras, and I still have my bed in shelter. It just fits what I want an no one makes it without spending a fortune to get part of what I really want.

Best of luck

Reactions: ZR2inCO