Pre Trip Vehicle Inspection Very Important!!

• HTML tutorial

sgthusk

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1773 Steward Harbough Road, Williamsburg, Ohio 45176, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Huskey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W8JWH
I’m putting this in the trip planning section because it’s part of the checklists. It’s down to the final checks and I’m going over the vehicle to make sure everything is tip top shape. Now understand I drive this vehicle about 70 miles a day so it doesn’t do much setting still and I keep it well maintained. And here’s what I found under the hood. Apparently someone moved in. Guess we’re gonna do more work than anticipated before we’re leave. Lol.

Attachments

Reactions: rgallant and Haust

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

It doesn’t take long for rodents to move in. Years ago, I was camping near Amboy in the Mojave Desert, I pulled into camp late, and set up my bed in the back of my 4Runner. Shortly after I got into bed, I heard something crawling around in the engine compartment. I shook the truck, and the noise stopped for a minute before continuing. I honked the horn, and it stopped for a little longer. Finally I started the engine, and the rest of the night was silent. The next morning, I got out and found half of a rat under the truck. It must have got caught in the belts when I started the engine to scare it away. It had a pretty good start on a nest in the engine compartment in the maybe 45 minutes before it’s untimely end.

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

I managed a Jiffy Lube a while back I pulled a cabin filter and found the remains of a small mouse.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I had so much food in mine that I think the rodent was a either a prepper or was afraid that I was wouldn't buy any more dog food.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

My neighbor starting feeding the squirrels and it got out of hand. They starting reproducing and it was crazy. Then one day she pulled out of her driveway in her Surburban and lost her brakes. When AAA showed up and opened the hood it was packed with peanuts, packed. The rodents ate through the brake lines. That was the end of the food feast.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
My neighbor starting feeding the squirrels and it got out of hand. They starting reproducing and it was crazy. Then one day she pulled out of her driveway in her Surburban and lost her brakes. When AAA showed up and opened the hood it was packed with peanuts, packed. The rodents ate through the brake lines. That was the end of the food feast.
Dang Don't you just hated when the gravy train ends...:dizzy: