Rank III

Enthusiast III

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Miller
Member #

As I await my PW to be built, I’ve been looking into sliders, searching the web, and this forum. So far it looks like “White Knuckle” seem like a good product. I noticed some of the manufacturers do not have sliders for the 3/4 & 1t trucks. My Taco will be relegated to local service, such as the grocery store (haha). Thoughts?

RC1107

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Mark
Last Name
H
Maple Off Road makes some good ones too. Did you order a 75th Anniversary Power Wagon? If so it comes with Mopar rock sliders as part of the package. Good luck with the new PW! I'm looking at possibly ordering one in the spring.

Roloc

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Rodda
Member #

Yeah really White Knuckle and Maple are the only true sliders. A lot of other options just for steps. I am going to get some AMP Power steps on mine slightly worried about damage but fact of the matter is I've had white knuckles on my trucks for years and just want to try something different. Hopefully I don't regret it.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Yeah really White Knuckle and Maple are the only true sliders. A lot of other options just for steps. I am going to get some AMP Power steps on mine slightly worried about damage but fact of the matter is I've had white knuckles on my trucks for years and just want to try something different. Hopefully I don't regret it.
Thank you for the heads up. I looked a couple of years ago about them, liked what I saw, but they did not offer a set for the 'classic' trucks (2001-2006.5) at the time(GM). It is nice to know they are available now, and are a REAL slider. The Silverado thread would probably love to hear about it. The LOVE is pretty scarce over there for true off-road accessories :frowning:

Now if they only offered skid plates for fuel tanks, fuel coolers, inter-coolers, and transmission's, life would be complete, :hearteyes: for our classic rides.

Last edited:

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
Another option...bolts to pinch weld. Maple, White Knuckle and most others will flex up and contact body. Obviously, if they hit hard enough it could still damage the body. These cannot hit the body as they bolt directly to it. Have not seen these in person, but I like the looks and the idea seems solid.

MLOCH

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lake City, FL, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Loch
Another option...bolts to pinch weld. Maple, White Knuckle and most others will flex up and contact body. Obviously, if they hit hard enough it could still damage the body. These cannot hit the body as they bolt directly to it. Have not seen these in person, but I like the looks and the idea seems solid.

I do not believe my White Knuckle would bend up. It would have to hit so hard that it would knock your teeth out. I had mine built with 2x4 box and the thickest gauge steel made . It can be used as a jack point. Anything attached to the body instead of the frame is looking for trouble if your going to truely off road . I had mine X-Lined as well and the X-Line guy told me that the white knuckle is the best design he's ever seen and he also said he sees alot of guys that use the body mount steps get there lower quarter panels ripped out when they catch off road .

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

White Knuckle all the way ,welds are amazing everything lined up correctly with no issues, strength is second to none. I've purchased several sets and would buy again