Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
This is supposed to be constructive criticism, I'm trying to give helpful feedback here:

I'm writing this on my computer with my phone next to me with the app open. I gave up trying to write a post on the phone because it became too difficult and time consuming to make edits to a post on the phone. When trying to highlight text it seemed hyper sensitive and i could only highlight everything or nothing. I noticed the screen would jump up and down to hide the keyboard which complicated the process further. This has been a very frustrating experience every single time I post something that is longer than one line of text. I tend to be wordy, and I kinda like to stay active on the forums here so this has been quite an issue for me. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, so I thought I would share this feedback to hopefully improve the user experience.

Reactions: cgranier

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you Dustin. I don't know that it matters, but are you on iOS or android?

There are a number of improvements we need to make in the forum part of the app and I will capture this feedback so we look into it. Thank you!

M

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Thank you Dustin. I don't know that it matters, but are you on iOS or android?

There are a number of improvements we need to make in the forum part of the app and I will capture this feedback so we look into it. Thank you!

M

Thank you @Michael
As Jim said, I’m on iPhone iOS

Reactions: Michael

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

This is supposed to be constructive criticism, I'm trying to give helpful feedback here:

I'm writing this on my computer with my phone next to me with the app open. I gave up trying to write a post on the phone because it became too difficult and time consuming to make edits to a post on the phone. When trying to highlight text it seemed hyper sensitive and i could only highlight everything or nothing. I noticed the screen would jump up and down to hide the keyboard which complicated the process further. This has been a very frustrating experience every single time I post something that is longer than one line of text. I tend to be wordy, and I kinda like to stay active on the forums here so this has been quite an issue for me. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, so I thought I would share this feedback to hopefully improve the user experience.
+1 I’ve been frustrated by this myself.

As an extra data point, the issue seems related to scrolling. I've switched to an iPad mini as my primary OB1 device. This behavior happens on the iPad too, but it’s a bit easier to deal with, because it's a bit easier to get all of text I want to select visible on screen. A simple workaround may make the text editor full screen. This might be nice to do regardless - more space for editing would be great.

I’ve noticed a few other strange behaviors, which may or may not be related.

First, when I long-press the spacebar to move the cursor then drag it toward the top or bottom of the editor area to trigger a scroll, it goes a bit crazy. I'm not really sure how describe this better :)

I’ve also noticed that tapping to position the cursor is also a bit wonky. Sometimes, after typing for a while, when I swipe to scroll, then tap to position the cursor, it moves the cursor to the wrong place. However, if I immediately try again without touching the keyboard, I can place the cursor where I want.

Hopefully this will help your devs to close in on the problem…

Kris

Reactions: Dusther210