Post your "poop my pants" moments

• HTML tutorial

26industries

Rank 0

Contributor I

Another one I just remembered was one night when I was out playing in the mud in my 94 Cherokee. Nothing much, just doing donuts and getting muddy. One second I'm sliding sideways the next I see something large flip up over my fender and smash into my windshield on the passenger side. Wound up spider webbing the whole windshield. When I got out to investigate I had somehow managed to flip a hidden 4"x4" board that was about three foot long up around my fender and into the window.

Also, those tornado pictures are awesome! I've always wanted to be a storm chaser, I have a friend who is one and he is going to take me along with him on a few chases next year!

Reactions: Pyrotech

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

While doing the Appalachian Trail, with my now wife, we were sitting in our tent, we set it up early as a storm was rolling in, eating dinner and just resting. We hear a bunch of grunts and something coming through the brush. After a while I peak out of the tent to see quite a large bear walking by about 10 feet away. I just quietly closed the tent and finished our dinner. Thinking it might be our last. But he just walked by and didn’t bother us.

Reactions: 26industries

jkxj

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

las vegas
one night when i had my 92 wrangler i ran into a buddy i hadn't seen in a few years. we decided to go wheelin. ended up rolling my jeep. probably about 7 times down the side of a cliff. luckily it was summer the top was off and the windows down. we were stopped by a boulder that happened to make its way into the drivers side window and caught on the roll bar. how i didnt get hit by that boulder still amazes me. we both walked out. after the rescue, the insurance needed proof of life because they thought nobody would have ever survived the crash. the jeep eneded up having to be air lifted out of the canyon. i hear rumors the old man still has the pictures if i get my hands on them ill scan them and upload.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

download.jpg Working for the local Electrical company for thirty five years, I have had many "third Party contacts" phase to phases and phase to ground and the company vehicles too. But only one pic....

Reactions: Pyrotech

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
View attachment 79066 Working for the local Electrical company for thirty five years, I have had many "third Party contacts" phase to phases and phase to ground and the company vehicles too. But only one pic....
hopefully you was onsite to kill the line out before they jumped off the truck, or did it trip the OCR.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

No. The crew bailed before our crew got there. One of our trucks, a 100' Insulator Washer, caught a 18 KV line with the main steel boom out. It welded the main cyl. in place, and blew the steel belts in all 12 tires and two of the outrigger cyl.s got fried too. We had to remove the boom in the middle of the street and flatbed it in to the yard, and remove the two outrigger cyl.s and threw them on the flat bed too. We had a tire company come in and replace all the tires..one big mess..oh yeah I forgot we had to rent a crane as all ours were busy on other jobs..

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

i didn't know it was on of those moments until the next day but in al kut, Iraq, in 2003, we just came in from outside of the wire. this was on the Iraqi air base there. I don't recall the name, but at the time there were packs of dogs that ran around there all the time. me and a couple buddies were in the HMMWV (that's Humvee for the civilian types) driving back when a pack crossed the street. the driver thought it would be fun to go off road and chase them across the field, and it was. we weren't trying to run them over, just having alittle fun. well the next day, EOD was out there blowing up land mines literally feet from our tracks... all we could do was laugh about it. needless to say, we never did that again.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Ive had way too many to list(I live a dangerous lifestyle) ,so I just chose two that I actually have pictures of on my phone at the moment. I have to say that both were pretty fun after the fact. IMG_0211.JPGreceived_1507568432673585.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

Ive had way too many to list(I live a dangerous lifestyle) ,so I just chose two that I actually have pictures of on my phone at the moment. I have to say that both were pretty fun after the fact. View attachment 89360View attachment 89359
in 2003 we didn't have mraps, in fact, we didn't have armored hmmwv's. lol just sandbags but they weren't doing the ied thing then. those didn't get popular until the second time I went there. a good friend of mine got blown up in 2005. he and 3 others in the vehicle (an up armored hmmwv) caught an ied made from a 155mm round got it. one of the guys died and my friend was thrown into the roof where it cracked his Kevlar and gave him a brain injury. hes still not right to this day. he can walk but he has seriously bad vertigo. GySgt hunt died of his wounds in a hospital. others were burnt... lucky for me I came out of that sh**hole unscratched. when I bled, it wasn't in anger. I lost half of my finger nail working... lol

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Thank You both for your service! My son is currently in Iraq, and said it's like groundhog day, every day, unlike the first time he was there. Only brite spot is the German and Danish Females do their Calastics just outside his office/bunk house..

Reactions: Arailt

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My first was back in the mid 70's, so no pics. At that time, you could drive with a learners permit by yourself as long as it was during the day. I was out in my dad's new Pinto just a few miles from home when it started getting dark. The road I was on was like a big V and I was at the far end of one leg, so I decided to cut across the field to save time (1st overlanding trip). I ended up running over a short tree stump and bottomed the car to where it was balancing on the stump with all four wheels in the air. The worst part was the long walk home to tell my dad. Best part was he didn't get angry at me about it because he recognized I had already suffered enough.

Reactions: Shahn and 9Mike2

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
That moment when you hand over the keys to your kid right after they get their license. :coldsweat:

Now Driving.jpg

• Haha

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

There has been a few, no pictures though. From just missing a deer on my motorcycle that ran out from behind a tree, it was so close I could have slapped it's butt if I wasn't frozen up. To getting sideways on a hill with a cliff on the downhill, no traction, no winch, had to walk a mile and make a phone call for help.
The one that stands out though; I used to work in a limestone quarry, This day I was driving a 50 ton dump truck, running rock from the top of the quarry to the crusher. I came up from the crusher and the water truck had just been on the bench and soaked it down, I pulled up past the loader and hit the brakes to stop and back up to the loader. I didn't stop, I just kept sliding towards the edge, 40' down to the next bench and 200' to the bottom of the quarry so high up one could see the Pacific Ocean. Normally a grand view.
The edge of the bench disappeared below my window and I thought I was going to die.

Just then the front tires hit the last 5' of dry ground the watertruck missed and I came to a stop.

OK, I found some pics to give ya an idea.

2345.JPG1655.JPG2380.JPGDSC03032.JPG

• Wow

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
So, this one time at Band Camp.....
Actually, I was operating an M113 armored personnel carrier at RAF Lakenheath during a base-wide exercise. And, just as I had turned onto the runway to cross, I get a call that the F-16s are landing...NOW!! You just don't realize how slow a vehicle can go at full speed when a squadron of landing lights are getting closer by the second.

• Haha