Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I have had a lot of incarnations of kitchens over the years and in various rigs. I’m in transition to a new set up on my Tundra Flatbed so I’ve been using a Chuck box as of late. It has lots of pluses and minuses. I use a pop up table that is 36in high. For me a comfortable work height is the most important think there is. 36” is the height for most home kitchens counter. Next for me is cleanliness. I use a 3 sink sanitizer system like in a small commercial kitchen. The first is a soapy sink then rinse then sanitize rinse with a mild bleach solution. I use a sharp chef knife with 4 small color coordinated cutting boards to keep meats from fresh veggies. I have a press pot for coffee but I’ve been experimenting with Vietnamese coffee recently and have found the small drip coffee maker simple and easy to clean up. It box itself is a groomers tack box that I rescued from a scrap pile. It’s made by a company called D-Flite. The stove itself is a Jet Boil clamshell type stove with the pot and skillet that came with it. It was pricey but well worth the investment. I have a chef’s knife roll I use to keep my knives and steel in. By the way, always bring your steel, a dull knife is a dangerous knife. I have also been experimenting with a flat top griddle but the jury is still out on it. I also have a small fridge that is powered by two Jackery that I swap out when they are running low and have a solar panel to charge them when needed. Currently nothing is hard mounded because I am focused on getting the truck camper on and moving the kitchen to boxes on the flat bed. But that’s on down the road…

Attachments

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Mrs. Akicita - (AKA) "Punchy" heating water for a couple of Mountain House meals on a recent Utah trip. We do carry a single burner Steel Partner Stove but use it very rarely for cooking up breakfast or steak when time and opportunity permit. We like light and fast meals when in the backcountry. We bring our extensive experience from backcountry skiing, backpacking, hunting, and mountaineering for meal planning and prep on our vehicle adventure travels.

20230928_082947.jpg

20230927_181948.jpg

hey_poolboy

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Maximus
Normally I don't roll with this much cat iron, but we were feeding some extra folks that weekend. Tables attach to the side of the trailer and are under the awning. Trailer side opens up and is our storage/pantry.

Attachments