• HTML tutorial

Benjamin Hupe

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member around here but not new to overlanding and thought I start by posting about my upcoming trip. I am attending a buddies wedding in San Diego this summer. Being me, I want to make a trip of it. I have planned some of my trip (mostly heading south), but would like some input on where to stay, what to see, and what to do. I don't have a ton of time on this trip and realize most of my time will be spent traveling. This is my itinerary so far:

Day 1: Portland > dry lake (six rivers National Forest)
Day 2: > Samuel Taylor State park
Day 3: stop in San Fran to hang out and explore > Prewitt Ridge, Big Surr
Day 4: > near Castiac Lake, Los Padres National Forest
Day 5: > San Diego (wedding day) staying in an AirBnB

Day 6-8 are unplanned. I would like to travel through Yosemite. But have no real plans.

Let me fill you in on things I like to do. I'm big on camping dispersed and free or cheap. I like to hike and fish for large mouth bass (any local fisherman willing to give up their spot is greatly appreciated!) (I won't have my boat with me). I am a mildly experienced wheeler and find getting there to be half the fun, so all moderate 4x4 trails are welcomed!
I'm not super well versed in the lay of the land of California, any recommendations, hints or spot are appreciated! Also, anything else I should be aware of (laws, etc.)

Looking forward to hearing from you all and keep wheelin'!

(Picture of my truck and set up)
IMG_20181202_120442_477.jpeg

Reactions: Nick_Gomez81