Noeltfg

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Seattle
First Name
Laurie
Last Name
Andersen
Hey everyone, I'm planning a remote camping trip and I'm on the hunt for a portable water heater. I've seen a bunch of options online, but I'm not sure which one to go for. I need something compact and easy to use, but I'm also looking for decent heating capacity. Any recommendations on brands or models that have worked well for you?
Also, I'm curious about the legality of using these heaters in certain areas, so if anyone has insight on that, it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We used a solar bag for showers, along with heating a pot of water on the Coleman stove for sponge bathing for decades, inexpensive and very portable. 5 years ago we started using the Camplux inline heater, which is not portable as you’ll need a large water reservoir , some hoses an electric water pump and a way to mount everything. The Camplux or any other branded heater, is not very sturdy as we are on our 2nd one in 5 years. The pump and water supply is mounted in the trailer, hang the heater, hook up the lines and whala, a navy shower! Good luck with your quest!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
There's lots of different options. I've not used them yet personally, but I'm planning on putting one in the new trailer eventually.

We have one like this, and it works pretty well.

DR.PREPARE Camping Shower, 4 Gallons/5 Gallons Portable Camp Shower with Foot Pump, Dual Shower Options, Large Water Inlet, Portable Outdoor Shower for Camping, Beach, Hiking, Climbing https://a.co/d/1jQXQBV

Fill it about 2/3 of the way from a lake or river, and fill the rest of the way with boiling water. Nice, warm shower.