Portable fridge users - heads up

• HTML tutorial

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
New dometic fridge owner, I started monitoring the actual temp vs reported fridge temp on its display. It's off by ~10 degrees monitoring the ambient temperature. This is a 3/4 full fridge.

You'll notice the spikes, this is the fridge kicking in the compressor to keep temp.

I did notice the wall near the probe reports near the display, to keep your fridges ambient temp, you'll need to adjust the temp difference according to your requirements, theres a fine line of where items start freezing at the bottom to get your ideal fridge temp, something you need to consider as well. Screenshot_20181226-091942_SensorPush.jpeg1545834236754.jpeg

Reactions: Kent R

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Is the fridge empty? If so ignore your measurements, load it up half and do it again. Fridges don't work well without energy storage.

Reactions: Spaceburger

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
Is the fridge empty? If so ignore your measurements, load it up half and do it again. Fridges don't work well without energy storage.
3/4 full.

All I'm trying to convey in this thread is dont trust the fridge temp readout. Everyone's contents will differ :)

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I did more or less the same with my fridge wich is, in my opinion, a clone of dometic...
And get really unstable results and the fridge readout was way of, once it was loaded it was only 2°C off and pretty stable.

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
I did more or less the same with my fridge wich is, in my opinion, a clone of dometic...
And get really unstable results and the fridge readout was way of, once it was loaded it was only 2°C off and pretty stable.
I'll stuff it all the way with random goodness and will report.

Reactions: MazeVX

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

Sensorpush sensor strung down in middle of the fridge, then moved it to a permanent location on the fridge door once I noticed no variance in temp.
If the sensor is just hanging in the middle or not attached / in something with mass, you will see swings and inaccuracies. What you are reading is the air and not the mass of the fridge itself.

Reactions: Ichibahn and MazeVX