Portable folding pvc camp toliet

• HTML tutorial

Cemeb4dk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Aurora, Illinois
Member #

So, my daughter is coming with me for the first time, she is 11 and in our trip planning the thought of her bathroom breaks came to mind. So looked at some of the options, and almost settled on the luggable loo, 5 gallon bucket system. But thinking the bucket was going to take up alot of valuable room. So my making so pvc bottle rocket launchers for the 4th of July the idea hit me. Browsed the web and saw some ideas to work with. So decided to mess around with some pvc. This is my 3rd version. The first 2 used the luggable loo bucket toliet seat, and that is not friendly for men while doing #2 it felt like. So decided to up the pvc to 1 1/4 and use a real plastic seat for .pre comfort. It sits about the height of a 5 gallon bucket and uses the pins to keep the legs from collapsing at a bad time. I will just add a bag underneath with kitty litter in it. And we should be good to go. Will be trail tested in about 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Nice job.
I might have to build one of these and get rid of my 5 gallon bucket with heater hose around the rim that my wife "loves" so much.

Reactions: Cemeb4dk

Kardolf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Washington
First Name
David
Last Name
Uthmann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7LZJ
Was there ever an after-action report on this? Did it work? Would you make any changes?

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I plan on the 5 gallon/ snap seat system. Yes a little more space, but multiple uses if need be. Don't like the folding leg system....aka.....unintended consequences if you know what i mean.

My dad made a wood box system with a old toilet seat on top. Not the prettiest, but effective. Years ago i took it with me on a family reunion camping trip. She said no, i said yes. Got there and guess what...over 15 people decided it was great, including her:tonguewink:.

Especially the kids....

Last edited: