Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
We purchased the lightspeed outdoors extra wide pop up off amazon and it’s great. A HUGE!! set up from the cheap highly flexible $25 pop up pod. The new room is very spacious and built very well, hoping it last us a long time. I’ve learned that these pop ups are a must for the wife and she loves the new one. I highly recommend this pop up room.

Reactions: Dr Gil

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Is that the wide two-room deal?

I got one years ago, an Ozark item from Walmart for around $79 if I remember right (they want 149 now), and though I don't use it much, it doesn't take up much room packed. But man, when I have company it makes a nice private changing room with separate shower side. You can put a commode or small chair/table in the changing side and not have to work around it when showering.

Without the rain fly for good weather:
roaddude_showertent-tire-n-tracks-1692-700.jpg
It's so bad-ass it needs its own spare tire and maxtrax :smirk:

With the rain fly:
Showertent-ozark-525.png

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

How compact is that when it's packed up @Road ? I know you said it doesn't tatke much space but are we talking a couple of cubic feet or more?

Reactions: Road

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

How compact is that when it's packed up @Road ? I know you said it doesn't tatke much space but are we talking a couple of cubic feet or more?
Hey JW! How's things in Cincinnitnit?

I went looking through images to see if I could find any of it rolled up in its bag and found these. I think that's it on top in grey, on top of the black bag on the rack. I don't take it with me these days unless I know I'm going to have company so haven't handled it in a while.

I'd say it's probably 8-10" round by maybe 48" long. I couldn't find any of the user reviews that mention it at Ozark Trail 2 Room Instant Shower/Utility Shelter
though it says it includes a "5 gal solar heated shower" that if it came with mine, I sure don't remember it.

I added another 8' length to the shower hose on my trailer and run it through the door, as seen in the image posted earlier. If it looks like I'm going to use it more this year, I'll create a port with cover on the side to pass a shower head and hose through. The shower half has a floor with mesh at the sides so it drains. Keeps you from standing in the mud when showering.

Overall, at least for the price I paid (it's gone up by half, at least, since then), it's been worth having. Won't stand up to big wind, but stood up to more than I thought it would.

The bag it comes in is nothing to write home about, and if I keep putting it up top, I'll probably sew a more water-resistant rip-stop bag for it. It took a beating up there.

loadedup_5452-900.jpg

canoeloadedScreen Shot.png

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Hey JW! How's things in Cincinnitnit?
All good here my friend. Hope you and yours are all well too. Looking forward to being back out and about on a regular basis pretty soon.

Thanks for the pics. That's a little larger than I was hoping when broken down but it might work for what we need. At the very least it could always go up on the rack and that's hard to beat for the price you paid. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale. Cheers man!

Reactions: Road

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

All good here my friend. Hope you and yours are all well too. Looking forward to being back out and about on a regular basis pretty soon.

Thanks for the pics. That's a little larger than I was hoping when broken down but it might work for what we need. At the very least it could always go up on the rack and that's hard to beat for the price you paid. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes on sale. Cheers man!
You might be able to find one at a WalMart Supercenter, or check stock online first. Sometimes if you put something in your cart it will offer the option of in-store pickup at certain stores. Then you know where they're in stock and can lay eyes on size.

Good luck!

Reactions: J.W.