Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

They say necessity is the mother of all inventions. In my case as a new overland bound member “POOP” is the mother of all inventions. As many of us know managing the expense while accomplishing the mission can be a challenge. I know there was no way my wife and daughters were going to get out with me if the had to dig a hole every time they went so I needed to come up with a solution. My answer was the Izard trail camping toilet lid that goes on a 5gal bucket with the Izard trail waists bags along with a privacy shelter. Pretty cost effective. My only hurdle was how to carry out the bags without having them inside my rig. Trasharoo was the answer.

My next hurdle came when I needed to carry the trasharoo as I didn’t have the funds for a bumper with a tire mount and swingput and I don’t want to spend the money for a hitch mounted tire carrier for the 4runner. So the lightbulb went off and I found a used bike carrier on Facebook Marketplace for $50.00. Went to Lowe’s and purchased a black 1.5 inch fence post for use with chain link fence. I cut the post in half at 36 inches and mounted fence caps on the end with self tapping screws. I then mounted the poles on the bike carrier and the trasharoo to the the poles. I was able to wrap the straps around the poles and tighten them up.

I have not had it put yet but will let you know how it works. I am also going to mount traction boards to the back of the bike rack which should cut the wind resistance down on the trasharoo.

Attachments

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

I like it! KISS! You have a receiver? Not shown in pics so I ask. Sounds like a bumper dumper would work too.

Reactions: TNoutdoors

TNoutdoors

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Tennessee, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
ODell
Member #

I like it! KISS! You have a receiver? Not shown in pics so I ask. Sounds like a bumper dumper would work too.

I do have a receiver for the hitch. My issue was more what to do after the dump than the actual place to dump. I like the bumper dumper though.