Points accrual question

• HTML tutorial

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

When I first joined as a member I seemed to accrue “points” fairly regularly and enjoyed watching my rank and points increase as I participated in the forum, allthewhile never really understanding how it worked. Then (estimating) about 9 months ago my points stopped accruing at 1904 even though my activity hasn’t changed.

Reactions: Bugout80

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I was trying to figure this out as well. I don't participate as much as I'd like (not much to say but enjoy reading the posts). I noticed my Rank was "I" and then all of a sudden it became a "II".

Is there a thread out there that explains the process?

Thanks!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Here are a couple threads with info on the system:

https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/trophies-badges-and-ranks.805/

https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/points-system.281/

The list of requirements for each trophy "track" are listed under the badge tab on your profile here: https://overlandbound.com/forums/badges/

Some are automated by the software for forum posts, likes, etc. Others are by request.

The "Innovator" and "Challenger" tracks have not been developed, and those trophies are not available. At one point, they all said "Ignore for now", but that's not noted any more.

The functioning and awarding of forum related trophies will be reviewed to award trophies more for quality of post rather than numbers of posts. That will be a while, though. For now, there are several trophies available that do not need moderator approval.

I hope that helps!

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

It does help intrigue new members and give those who need one, a reason to contribute. I'm excited to do the ones like taking an OB picture with your emblem (mine gets delivered tomorrow) and meeting with other OB members.

Bugout80

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Fernando
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

I joined a few months ago, very excited about this community forum with so much help. Couldn't understand the point system either, but I see where it's not only the quantity of threads, but quality. So basically some are auto generated by computer? ...

Reactions: Jeep backroads

Jeep backroads

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shingletown, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
King
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7tdk
I joined a few months ago, very excited about this community forum with so much help. Couldn't understand the point system either, but I see where it's not only the quantity of threads, but quality. So basically some are auto generated by computer? ...
I was thinking the same thing

Jeep backroads

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shingletown, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
King
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7tdk
Here are a couple threads with info on the system:

Trophies, Badges, and Ranks!

https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/points-system.281/

The list of requirements for each trophy "track" are listed under the badge tab on your profile here: Badges

Some are automated by the software for forum posts, likes, etc. Others are by request.

The "Innovator" and "Challenger" tracks have not been developed, and those trophies are not available. At one point, they all said "Ignore for now", but that's not noted any more.

The functioning and awarding of forum related trophies will be reviewed to award trophies more for quality of post rather than numbers of posts. That will be a while, though. For now, there are several trophies available that do not need moderator approval.

I hope that helps!
Thanks Steve

Reactions: Kirk T and Bugout80