Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
i watched a couple news reports where dr fauci and cdc are saying that the vaccines will take multiple shots given over time and basically things will not change...still have to wear masks, etc, but things will tighten for those who don't get the vaccine. for example, if you get the vaccine, you still wear a mask etc, but you CAN take a flight. without the vaccine, even with a mask and all, you can't go on a flight. that will be extended to other things of course. i was surprised to hear that everyone has to take multiple injections done over time for it to be effective. dont recall seeing that before with other vaccines
There are lots of vaccines that require multiple shots... Anthrax, Tetanus, Hepatitis; just to name three

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I know of two trips planned right now... other than that, I am hoping to be spending this summer building my future and fishing in what little spare time I do have.

Berkshires

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, MA, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
L
Member #

There are lots of vaccines that require multiple shots... Anthrax, Tetanus, Hepatitis; just to name three
Exactly, several recent vaccines Shingrix takes two, HPV takes three, DTaP four shots - very common with inactivated vaccines.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We have huge plans for 2021: We are getting ready to overland around the world.

We expect it will be a 10-15 year journey. We are an American family of 3. We've already been traveling fulltime (owning no home or property) for 7 years. But it has all been in North America (USA, Mexico, and Canada) so we are ready to venture a little further. Our son is 4 years old and has been a fulltime traveler since birth.

In 2021 specifically we are :

1. Buying and building out a new vehicle for our global overland adventure.
2. Selling a small Winnebago RV we've had for the past couple years and used as our Basecamp for our overland adventures.
3. Taking the new rig on a few short shakedown runs in the USA.
4. On or about August 2021 crossing the border into Mexico and living in interior Mexico for approximately 6 months (visa limit) while in Mexico we won't be doing as much overlanding as we will be planning the Central and South America portions of our trip. We'll do some weekend jaunts and maybe even some week long ones while in Mexico, but our focus is planning for Central and South America.
5. In early 2022 we plan to cross into Central America.

Obviously much of this is COVID-19 dependent. But we're hopeful that by the time we're heading into Central America on or about February 2022 that the vaccine will have wider global distribution.

It's so cool seeing everyones responses. What I love about this community is that no matter what you are doing, you are making progress toward following your passions.

Eric

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I have been wondering how others are prioritizing things for 2021. Hoping 2021 make a turn for the better.

My wife and I are hoping to be able to get a lot of projects done around our home, and I'm getting the rig ready for a few back country trips.
We always have a destination vacation planned for the new year. And a couple camping trips together.

She usually doesn't go with me on my overlanding adventures, but this year we are planning to go on one through our State of Colorado Near Buena Vista, Telluride, Ouray and Silverton in June. Hopefully we can enjoy some of the things those towns offered in the past. But if not we will definitely enjoy the out doors in those areas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a safe close to 2020
Started taking my wife on adventures this year and it has been AWESOME having her along, except that she lets me drive freeways and takes over in the dirt! Anything to keep her coming back. As a bonus she declared the JKU too small and that led to a Gladiator; I’m not complaining!

Merry Christmas all!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

We expect it will be a 10-15 year journey. We are an American family of 3. We've already been traveling fulltime (owning no home or property) for 7 years. But it has all been in North America (USA, Mexico, and Canada) so we are ready to venture a little further. Our son is 4 years old and has been a fulltime traveler since birth.

2. Selling a small Winnebago RV we've had for the past couple years and used as our Basecamp for our overland adventures.
4. On or about August 2021 crossing the border into Mexico and living in interior Mexico for approximately 6 months (visa limit) while in Mexico we won't be doing as much overlanding as we will be planning the Central and South America portions of our trip. We'll do some weekend jaunts and maybe even some week long ones while in Mexico, but our focus is planning for Central and South America.

Obviously much of this is COVID-19 dependent. But we're hopeful that by the time we're heading into Central America on or about February 2022 that the vaccine will have wider global distribution.

It's so cool seeing everyones responses. What I love about this community is that no matter what you are doing, you are making progress toward following your passions.

Eric
That is a fantastic plan. I am sure that it will be great and that you will have a lot of fun already with the preparations. Enjoy and live your dream!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So for net year my assumption is that restrictions will ease up in a way that we can travel again and have overlanding meetings earliest in spring here. Once it is possible I'll be on the road as much as possible, meeting friends and other overlanders and enjoy to get out and explore. As soon as longer trips are possible and many borders are open again, I will definitely be on tour again longer.

I'm aiming for the beginning of 2022 to go on another tour that will last several months again. There is still so much to discover. I would like to go back to North America, where I spent several wonderful months overlanding 5 years ago. Central and South America also appeal to me very much. But maybe it will also be a big tour through the whole of Europe (geographically speaking), that has been in my mind for a long time. Let's see... there is so much to see on this planet. Now the pandemic must first be over and then it will start again!

Trad77

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lander, WY, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hoard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0MUD
I have been wondering how others are prioritizing things for 2021. Hoping 2021 make a turn for the better.

My wife and I are hoping to be able to get a lot of projects done around our home, and I'm getting the rig ready for a few back country trips.
We always have a destination vacation planned for the new year. And a couple camping trips together.

She usually doesn't go with me on my overlanding adventures, but this year we are planning to go on one through our State of Colorado Near Buena Vista, Telluride, Ouray and Silverton in June. Hopefully we can enjoy some of the things those towns offered in the past. But if not we will definitely enjoy the out doors in those areas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a safe close to 2020
Good for you for wanting to get out there more! My wife and I plan to get out more as well. I love to go out and find historical sites like homesteads, ghost towns, old mills or mines and so on, so we plan on doing more of that. My wife is a bit of a rock hound so we want to go out diggin' more too. 2021 is going to be more focused on getting out to explore and discover. Happy new year to you and yours and we hope you all have a fantastic 2021!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams

Eric
Agreed 100 percent. Push forward. We will be staying close to home next year. There is so much of our beautiful province we have not been to yet. We have a year's worth of travel just on the island here. For your vehicle, I would get a 1/2 ton full size and put a slide in camper, and build the truck to suit. Inexpensive as far as comparable offerings from the larger trucks, you can get a really good setup and have decent gas milage as well. Look forward to seeing your travels.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Agreed 100 percent. Push forward. We will be staying close to home next year. There is so much of our beautiful province we have not been to yet. We have a year's worth of travel just on the island here. For your vehicle, I would get a 1/2 ton full size and put a slide in camper, and build the truck to suit. Inexpensive as far as comparable offerings from the larger trucks, you can get a really good setup and have decent gas milage as well. Look forward to seeing your travels.
Amen to pushing forward! Actually we'e already decided on our build. If you are interested in what we are looking at driving around the world and that we'll be building out here starting in just a few weeks, you can take a look at our global overland vehicle here.

We are definitely excited for 2021 and hope that everything starts to normalize to some degree soon. ~ Eric

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Eric. Great choice on the Gladiator. I am looking at one of those for us as well, or a ram classic 1500 with all terrian package. Everything for us is up in the air right now as my jeep is having a couple of gremins I have to figure out. If they are a cheap fix we will continue with that, if they are going to be expensive fixes I can't complete myself (I am a certified small engine mechanic), I will be trading the Jeep on one of those trucks. We would love to be included in your list of travelling families as well. I have to set up a link section for the same.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Eric. Great choice on the Gladiator. I am looking at one of those for us as well, or a ram classic 1500 with all terrian package. Everything for us is up in the air right now as my jeep is having a couple of gremins I have to figure out. If they are a cheap fix we will continue with that, if they are going to be expensive fixes I can't complete myself (I am a certified small engine mechanic), I will be trading the Jeep on one of those trucks. We would love to be included in your list of travelling families as well. I have to set up a link section for the same.
Definitely! Would love to get to know y'all better. We are most active on Expedition Portal and Instagram if you happen to use either of those platforms, but I do my best to stay active with my Overland Bound friends too! Either way, let's get to know each other better. Nothing like another Jeeper. Especially one who knows their way around an engine! LOL.

We considered larger trucks only because of payload capacity. But at the end of the day we wanted the capability of the Gladiator and the smaller footprint because we've come to know the type of international overlanding we personally enjoy through experience.

BTW if you are leaning toward a Gladiator and you get serious about it for an overland build, look into the Sport S with the Max Tow package for maximum payload capacity!

Eric

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We are just getting started on instagram. I am not a fan of expo anymore. Long story I am not going to get into here. Yes, the Sport S with max towing is the build sheet I have saved. Ha ha ha.

We will be going to get some things up on our blog soon. It's been a mess of a year for many people. We need to get back on track now and start putting up some content regularly.

Reactions: Hourless Life