Planning Trip Over Sierra Nevada Mountains

• HTML tutorial

Aaron Hayden

Rank III

Influencer II

Oakland
Im planning a trip starting in Omo Ranch CA over the Sierra Nevada Mountains into the Nevada High Desert ending in Yearington NV. Will be leaving Oakland CA either Thursday night October 25th or Friday October 26th early afternoon. If you are interested send me a message. The route is 175 miles long. National Forest roads, moderate difficulty trails, desert trails with washouts, mountain climbs, primitive camping ending at a Bar/Grill in Yearington if we can make it.

Aaron Hayden

Rank III

Influencer II

Oakland
I'm curious what route or trail you have in mind that takes you west-east over the Sierra...
Forest Roads from Omo Ranch up to Mormon Immigrant Trail to Silver Fork Rd then on trails to Cody Meadows and then off trail to Strawberry Trail to Caples Lake. Ive hunted back there several times and there are single track trails not on any maps. The only way over the summit is HWY 88 for a few miles but as soon as you get over there is a trail from Red Lake to Blue Lakes. After that the trail from Blue Lakes to HWY 4.

Aaron Hayden

Rank III

Influencer II

Oakland
Looks like i have a friend that is opening a bar that weekend in Oregon so will be heading up there instead to hit some trails between I5 and Newport OR.