Contributor II

Duiven, Netherlands
First Name
Peter
Last Name
C
Member #

Hi Guys,

PeterC here, swedish guy living in the Netherlands.

Me and my family are planning a trip to Sweden this summer. We will be mainly in the archipelago around Stockholm but we want to make a few days drive As Well.

So beginning of July we are driving from the Netherlands to Stockholm.

I heard it's possible to drive through almost all of Sweden on gravel roads but I haven't been able to find any good information or routes online.

Really we are looking any nice tips a long this route.

Really appreciate any tips!

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hi Guys,

PeterC here, swedish guy living in the Netherlands.

Me and my family are planning a trip to Sweden this summer. We will be mainly in the archipelago around Stockholm but we want to make a few days drive As Well.

So beginning of July we are driving from the Netherlands to Stockholm.

I heard it's possible to drive through almost all of Sweden on gravel roads but I haven't been able to find any good information or routes online.

Really we are looking any nice tips a long this route.

Really appreciate any tips!
Driving from the south it's not that easy to find many gravel roads these days but with that said there are still lots of smaller roads to be explored which give you and the family a nice glimpse of life in rural Sweden.
I use this map for searching areas: https://nvdb2012.trafikverket.se/SeTransportnatverket

If you going up the east coast, then I'd recommend a night on Öland.

Try park4night - Sharing cool places, camping car areas, van for places to stop, plus they have an app.

Reactions: PeterC