Planning a ghost town trip through California, Nevada and western Utah. Looking for input!

• HTML tutorial

offroad.GX

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

This trip will be about 10 days and will start in two weeks. I mapped it out to around 1800 miles and I want to keep it under 200 miles a day average to avoid spending the whole time driving. I have a route planned but this will be my first time driving most of these roads. I'm looking for opinions on the places I've picked so far, and also suggestions for other options in the area. Here's what I have so far (you can click on the map for details on each stop):

Last edited:
Reactions: SubeeBen

SW_UT_FJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Russ
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7HOS
Looks like a great trip! I would suggest from Zion NP (E) continue through the park to Mt. Carmel Junction, then head North on HWY 89 to Bryce Canyon(F). Time wise it'll be about sixes, and the scenery factor will be much better than I-15. I'm in Hurricane near ZNP if you need specific info on the area I'd be happy to help.

Reactions: offroad.GX
S

SubeeBen

Looks like a super awesome trip. Will be following as I am looking up the same trip for the fall with my family. Starting out in San Diego Ca. Good luck & safe travels.

Mr B

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Rosa, CA
Member #

Very nice. Next week, we’re going from Grand Staircase back to the CA Bay Area ourselves. Do you have any stops in Nevada?