Planing a trip next week along the Oregon Coast, need boondocking free camping suggestions.

• HTML tutorial

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello OB Members,
I will be going South down HWY 101, from Astoria, to Coos Bay, starting June 9. I need to be in Roseburg, on the 14TH. for my son’s graduation ceremony. Then take my time coming back to Plain, WA. for NWOR. Maybe going up I-5 back North? I know the Oregon Coast well and have many favorite places I will stop and visit. Last time though was 20 years ago! Hoping for some good free camping spots that might be open, along the way South and North? Also, would love to visit any that want to meet up along the way! Vance.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
No boondocking right on the coast. Lots of state parks though. The Siuslaw National Forest has places to boondocks as does Elliot State Forest. Just follow a road till you come to a nice spot.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

No boondocking right on the coast. Lots of state parks though. The Siuslaw National Forest has places to boondocks as does Elliot State Forest. Just follow a road till you come to a nice spot.
Luinil,
I used to know some logging roads over next to the coast line, camped out there before. Stayed one night on the beach at the cove in Seaside and another on logging roads by Agate Beach on our honeymoon. Overlanding in a Plymouth Trail Duster with a slant six.! I lived in Seaside, then Gearhart, for years, went there many times to surf from the Washington Coast were we moved after that. Short Sands, Indian Beach, loved surfing and camping there too! Also, did a lot of telecommunications work all along the Oregon Coast for then GTE. Still have lots of salt in my blood! Vance.

OdinOutdoors

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Coos Bay Oregon
Member #

hi 4wheels, when will you be in coos bay? there is some blm land here that you can camp for free right on the beach. actually you need an off road tag which is like $10 and a flag but besides that, sone great camp spots

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

hi 4wheels, when will you be in coos bay? there is some blm land here that you can camp for free right on the beach. actually you need an off road tag which is like $10 and a flag but besides that, sone great camp spots
Sent you a PM. That would be nice to have the information. Vance.