PINS Bound

• HTML tutorial

Dennis Burns

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

northwood SATX
Member #

Okay with the exception of .5 mile per hour winds entire time we were there that was an awesome experience at the 35 mile marker, we went in at low tide and came out the next day during high tide which was freaking awesome. It was very slow going due to being Turtle breeding season we could only drive 15 miles per hour on the beach,
All in all it was a great trip looking forward to the next trip someplace more wooded,

Sent from my LG-V930 using OB Talk mobile app

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Catch anything? Last spring when it was calm like that I caught a 28 pound ling on mustang island.

Dennis Burns

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

northwood SATX
Member #

We didn't do any fishing this round. We just just finished building a basic expedition trailer and wanted to see how she handled before I started on mine. Definitely want to head back before things turn blazing hot. Unfortunately I'm more of a hunter. I suck so bad at fishing I make people around me suck.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm trying to get down to PINS before I leave TX. Let me know if you want to put something together sometime before July.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I'll definitely make a post in my surf fishing thread when I plan to go. Hoping for one of the later weekends this month.

How's the sand and weeds at PINS? I've heard it gets bad so I typically go to Mustang island or Matagorda.

ZetRocks

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Kingwood
First Name
Shannon Keith
Last Name
Cortez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K15AQN
Looking forward to doing PINS in May. Sounds fun!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dennis Burns

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

northwood SATX
Member #

There was not very much seaweed on the beach at all there was however a whole lot of trash. I was able to stay in 2 wheel drive almost the entire time there and back even at high tide, I had to shift to 4 once on the way down and three or four times on the way back at high tide but that was me playing with the soft sand you know trying to see some of the limitations of my rig. Driving will be slow for the next few months due to Turtle nesting season after that the speed limit will go from 15 to 25 miles per hour and should make traveling a little quicker.

Sent from my LG-V930 using OB Talk mobile app

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

A few pictures of the PINS trip. It was sad how much trash was on the beach. My jeep was in the shop so I had my PowerWagon along for the trip.