• HTML tutorial

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

hi folks

We are looking to buy a trailer and have to consider what we need or want for or needs and chose all the right things to have in it. In the UK our options are limited but there are some to chose from. USA, Australia and Africa have all the best options and makes. I did consider a self build on the popular Army sankey trailer, which is use a lot in the UK do to it's strong chassis and body and being easy to work on. It has a heavy carrying capacity too and makes a great option. But after looking at a lot of websites, we decided to buy a manufactured one with a good reputation. But choosing the right one is hard with limited choices to pick from...the rest of the world have much cooler stuff I think and wish we had the same options available. Not sure which to go with though..anyone in UK or with experience in this area would be appreciated with thoughts and opinions.

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

There is some nice kit out there, we saw some and the Adventure Overland Show last year, £12k is what I do remember fully kitted. Have you looked at Nene Overland's website, I think that import some?

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

Problem with trailers outside the uk is the tax you have to pay on anything coming in...so I was hoping for a uk made option...but there are some great trailers outside the uk...

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Overla
Problem with trailers outside the uk is the tax you have to pay on anything coming in...so I was hoping for a uk made option...but there are some great trailers outside the uk...
was talking to the lads at west coast 4x4 last night they were saying there is a dealer importing some italian trailers never got the name might be worth a follow up call

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

They were at the Stoneleigh LR show the other weekend. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk