Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So next year, or next fall I am hoping to be able to buy a new truck. Don’t know which of these two I want more.IMG_1709.JPGIMG_1868.JPG

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
So I traded my electric guitar and amp for this tent. We are excited to use it. We tried last night but couldn’t find our spot in the woods in the dark and I had never set it up let alone in the dark lol. So we are off again this morning for some adventure and hope some hunting.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I'm blown away that you aren't even considering a Toyota 4runner or Tacoma. They are certainly worth a look as they are engineered and built to go 300,000 miles plus. That cannot be said of anything Chrysler or GM. Myself? I came from the pickup truck world, then jeeps. Now a Landcruiser, I'll never own anything else but from here on. Good luck with your choice and hope to be free of "buyer remorse".

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm blown away that you aren't even considering a Toyota 4runner or Tacoma. They are certainly worth a look as they are engineered and built to go 300,000 miles plus. That cannot be said of anything Chrysler or GM. Myself? I came from the pickup truck world, then jeeps. Now a Landcruiser, I'll never own anything else but from here on. Good luck with your choice and hope to be free of "buyer remorse".
I sold Toyota for years. They make an AMAZING truck, and at first the TRD PRO was in the running. I am uncomfortable in the seats of the Toyota. Legs are too straight when seated and I plan on a lot of time in the seat.

Gillbrak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
Member #

Big fan of the Colorado. Buddy of mine has the ZR2 and I’ve been very impressed with it. Seems to be getting more and more aftermarket as well. If I didn’t need a full size truck I’d strongly consider one.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Also the Tacoma does not come in a diesel whereas the new Jeep gladiator truck and the Chevy Colorado both come in diesel or will come in diesel.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Also the Tacoma does not come in a diesel whereas the new Jeep gladiator truck and the Chevy Colorado both come in diesel or will come in diesel.
I was deeply disappointed with the Motori Diesel they used in the Liberty. It was junk. Euro Toyota’s used that engine only once for the Spain Market ending in dismal failure. Burn me once shame on them, burn me twice shame on me.. now if it has a hummin Cummins or a Cat then I’m in, but they don’t

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I was deeply disappointed with the Motori Diesel they used in the Liberty. It was junk. Euro Toyota’s used that engine only once for the Spain Market ending in dismal failure. Burn me once shame on them, burn me twice shame on me.. now if it has a hummin Cummins or a Cat then I’m in, but they don’t
Thank you for that feedback. Looking more like a Zr2 bison ever day.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

I have a 18 ZR2 gas that I absolutely love. Got it in march and I'm now at roughly 12,000 miles. I've taken trips from OK to Chicago and OK to Montana with other shorter trips between. Aftermarket is picking these trucks up and running with them so support is there and coming on more and more each day. Not to mention Chevy is even throwing their hat in the ring for aftermarket goodies. I find the 4runner and Taco's just as uncomfortable as you do and would add that my head hits the ceiling especially with a sunroof and the Taco engine is non-stop meh. The Colorado has so much more room in the cabin and it's much more well laid out. I didn't want a Jeep so it wasn't in the running when I was cross shopping but other than getting black I'd do it all over again in a heart beat. Heck if you get an orange one I may trade you. :)

Edit: here's a link to a bunch of Colorado owners discussing the truck if you haven't stumbled across this or Coloradofans.com yet. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/2018-chevy-colorado-z71.18649/

Last edited:

RDTRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dobbs Ferry, NY, USA
Member #

I must say I love my 4Runner, maybe more so for the roominess of an SUV , but the Colorado is a nice truck. I had one as a rental a few weeks back while travelling and I was decently impressed even with the "base" model rental. A friend just got the ZR2 and goes back and forth with another friend with a Taco TRD all the time, haven't seen either of them off pavement yet..