Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Again for RAM Mounts. I utilize a few different ones in my rig. Suction cup ones are a great way to get a mount in the vehicle without any other ways to mount. Plenty of options on the JK's so you might also go that route to add more mounting points like the Vector offroad bar. I have Panavise indash mounts in my WJ that make it super easy to mount my CB mic, HAM handheld, and my ECU tuner/real-time read-out on. I used magnetic mounts previously, but these mounts have stood up to the abuse, elements, and work like they did from day 1.

Reactions: MWilliams

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I like Ram mounts except as @MMc mentioned it's a two handed operation.
I now use Scosche magnetic mounts. I used the flush mount and made my own brackets. Use them for both my phone and tablet.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Here is my phone mount for my jeep that I placed a magnetic mount on and originally had the proclip phone holder mounted to. View attachment 104447
That's half of your vent being covered. I would die on Summer days. I need every cool air as possible. It's why I don't like my vent magnetic holders as much lol.

MWilliams

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Williams
Member #

I use the Rugged Ridge Dash Organizer [link] with RAM X-Grip phone mounts [link] for my phone and my wife's phone, it works perfectly and is solid as can be. Similar to the Rugged Ridge product is the Vector OffRoad JKE-Dock [link]. Similar to the RAM products are the 67 Designs mounts [link].

View attachment 104163
What RAM mount is that? Specifically what rail size fits on the rugged ridge mount

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

It has 4 rubber post that you expand, put the phone in it and they close to hold it.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
What RAM mount is that? Specifically what rail size fits on the rugged ridge mount
Both the Rugged Ridge and the Vector Offroad have a 1" rail. the RAM X-Grip handlebar U-bolt mount that I linked above adjusts from 0.5" to 1.25", and tightens down perfectly on the bar. If you are looking to add other accessories or just piece it together and just want the base, you have several options for RAM bases that will fit the 1" bars: Tough Claw (tooless install and removal) [link]; Handlebar U-bolt (as comes with the X-Grip) [link]; Torque Mount (more finished look) [link].

titicaca

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Calgary
How about a velcro strip. $2 solution. My phone has a replaceable back cover so I got a spare just for the vacro strip. Otherwise, a cheap plastic back case with velcro would avoid having the valcro permanently on the phone.

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Huelsman
That's half of your vent being covered. I would die on Summer days. I need every cool air as possible. It's why I don't like my vent magnetic holders as much lol.
I dont run my ac during the summer with the top down. They pump out plenty of heat or ac regardless with my phone there. Maybe its a tj thing, but the jeep heats up or cools off extremely fast.