Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hawley PA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
Lata
Member #

IMG_2233.JPG IMG_2141.JPG IMG_2214.JPG Phase one complete just in time. Heading out this weekend for a two week over landing trip with a good friend. We are heading out to Colorado to hit as many trails as we can ( or our wife's allow ) Phase one goals were to install protection and improve ground clearance and install new rubber.

Protection: full aluminum skids front to back From RCI and steel rock rails
Ground Clearance: installed leveling kit
Tires: BF Goodrich KO2 285-75-16 with 1 1/4" wheele spacers. Had to do the Body Mount Chop to clear the tires properly.

Phase two will begin later this year. After I return from the trip. Some big plans still to come.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Great work looks great sounds like awesome trip!

I've been looking for someone that has done the body chop on a 3rd gen Tacoma for awhile now! Please link any and all information you have on that please!! I'm trying to do 33s on either stock or leveling kit (no expensive lift).

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Beautiful build! Co trails, hopefully you will hit some that are outside of Ouray, so many and truly amazing. Enjoy the build and the trails, see you out there !!!!!

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
HAHA! That second picture looks like one of those Video Games where you can add armor to your vehicle to go smash other players!

Good build! Have fun with it! Love the color!

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've been looking for someone that has done the body chop on a 3rd gen Tacoma for awhile now! Please link any and all information you have on that please!! I'm trying to do 33s on either stock or leveling kit (no expensive lift).
you can run 255/85/16 on stock off road wheels with no trimming or modifications needed.
you can run 255/80/17 on sport wheels with some fender liner mods. this one is a little less certain for some reason... the data ive seen is not all consistent. but tacoma world has several how to's for cab chops.

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

you can run 255/85/16 on stock off road wheels with no trimming or modifications needed.
you can run 255/80/17 on sport wheels with some fender liner mods. this one is a little less certain for some reason... the data ive seen is not all consistent. but tacoma world has several how to's for cab chops.
Was thinking 265/75/17 so my worry is the inside rub with the extra width. Im on Tacoma world but sometimes hard to find exact info from people.
Thanks for info.

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

265 70 17 is the largest you can run with no mods on sport wheels. 265 75 17 you may have to mod the fender liners

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Oh okay. I might get them anyway and be careful with the rubbing because I want to put a couple inches in front and one in the back to level so then I think I'd be fine with 265/75/17s. What do you think?

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I've looked but never found definitive numbers like that! Could you link me to that/those posts so I can read up please? Much appreciated!

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

Go over and search and read. Too many variable. But you should be able to find exactly what you're looking for

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I've done that a bunch but never found definitive numbers that you did. If you don't remember the post that's fine I'll just have to keep researching.

Roadkill

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hawley PA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
Lata
Member #

Please see a short video I did of the mod. It's on my Facebook page.

Last edited:
Reactions: QCNR and geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Looks good man great work thanks for vid! So even with level/lift kit, you had to do body chop to fit 33s... So I think I'll stick with 32s for the time being, until I'm ready to modify the body as well.

Roadkill

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hawley PA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
Lata
Member #

Looks good man great work thanks for vid! So even with level/lift kit, you had to do body chop to fit 33s... So I think I'll stick with 32s for the time being, until I'm ready to modify the body as well.
I watched a video on YouTube, he got away without doing the body Mount Chop, but it was very close. I didn't want to take a chance, and to tell you the truth, it was very easy to do. I was nervous about it at first, but now I could do it in just a few hours.

Reactions: geekyadam