People really suck...father shot killed camping with his two girls.

• HTML tutorial

Hella-Buggin'

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
Member #

CCW in my county is a no go. The Sheriff will not only deny you, but if by some miracle you manage to convince him you're worthy... he'll release your name and address to the news paper.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Fresno county gives them out to anyone with a clean background. Now, even though I can carry, I've been strongly warned to not carry in certain counties due to the strict enforcement. I love California, but i hate all the other things about Kalifornia.

Reactions: Lifes2short4BS

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

This is one of the few things that I worry about when I'm out doing a through hike. I'm not too worried about wildlife because I grew up hunting on a large property and grew to respect/understand animals. People, on the other hand, I fear I will never understand them. I always have my fiance sleep on the side of the tent/camp/etc thats harder to get to by people blundering down the trail just in case someone remembered their weapon but forgot their morals.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

this isn't the first shooting... Someone I follow was shot at last year while he was sleeping in this camp. If I am correct there have been like 5 other incidents with random shootings at this park but this is the first fatality.

I don't think there is a way to prepare for this. I have my CCW and carry everywhere im aloud to carry. I always have a firearm with me when im out on the trials.. not only on me but at least one simi automatic rifle with plenty of magazines in the truck just in case.....