People really suck...father shot killed camping with his two girls.

• HTML tutorial

LCM_Scott

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hilton, New York, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Borden
Member #

This breaks my heart. I go camping with my two girls all the time. Not being able to enjoy nature with them isn't an option. CA gun laws are so ridiculous that trying to prepare myself would make me a felon.
But those laws keep guns out of the hands of bad people dont they?! No, they only keep them out of law abiding citizens. Bunch of jackwads in your local government sir. I can say that because I live in NY under the Safe Act. Still not quite on Cali's level though thank God!

Absolutely heart breaking though! People have lost all regard for human life!

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
But those laws keep guns out of the hands of bad people dont they?! No, they only keep them out of law abiding citizens. Bunch of jackwads in your local government sir. I can say that because I live in NY under the Safe Act. Still not quite on Cali's level though thank God!

Absolutely heart breaking though! People have lost all regard for human life!
I am from the uk i am not anti gun far from it we are not allowed hand guns or any kind of military firearms , we are experiencing a spate of shootings. Several in the last few months one fatal all illigal firearms , YOU WILL NEVER ERADICATE SCUM FROM THE PLANET EVIL WILL ALL WAYS BE THERE , YOU CAN NOT SCAN THE HUMAN BRAIN

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

1st thing I thought once I heard kids were fine and seems nothing was taken that this was something personal ? But I do watch way to many detective shows. Truly is a tragic event I hope his children will find justice for their father and some point.. don’t even get me started on our way restrictive gun laws here in Cali

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: RickLB

craigR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mt Dora, FL
Member #

At this point, even globally banning guns completely would do nothing to prevent this, as they will remain in the hands of evil people regardless of their legality. You cannot legislate away evil in the hearts of man. If it wasn't a gun, it would be a knife, if not a knife, a hammer, no hammers, then a rock. Get prepared, then be prepared and stay aware always.

Heartfelt prayers for the family and friends.

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

This truly saddens me. Another clear example as to how with "proper" laws, people and protect themselves and their families from stupid scum.

buz1nonly

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, CA
Member #

I feel that in more remote locations this is less likely to happen. As a father of a 2.5 yr old daughter who I take camping by myself sometimes this saddens me so much I had to post it.

I never brought my guns when I camped before, but since having my daughter I found myself bringing a gun all the time and I have it in the tent. I follow all gun laws while transporting and never had issues. I’m not waving it around and it’s basically strapped to my leg at the campsite. But I’m usually camping off grid.

We also have a big shepherd mix that also helps alerts us if there is anyone or anything outside of the tent or the campsite.

What I hate is the ideal of this happening. This why so many people tell me to stop taking my daughter camping without a big group. As I understand their concern sometimes it is hard to coordinate schedules. I don’t think we should stop camping for the fear of. I don’t understand why this senseless act has to happen, but all I know is if someone approaches the tent at night unannounced and I’m in a remote location and I have my family with me. I will not ask twice. They should know better to announce themselves. Plus who the hell approaches a strangers tent.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: RickLB

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

This breaks my heart. I go camping with my two girls all the time. Not being able to enjoy nature with them isn't an option. CA gun laws are so ridiculous that trying to prepare myself would make me a felon.
Ca gun law is annoying, but is by no means going to make you a felon for preparing. You can still open carry on just about ALL federal land, and I do. You don't need an assault rifle to go camping with your kids. Just carry a pistol on the hip, and a 12 gauge in the rig.... you really don't need anything more than that.

Last edited:

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

I am in this State Park almost every week mountain biking. Typically on the weekend or more often in the evening doing a ngiht ride. This park is very close to urban areas, and just a few miles from the Ventura freeway, which is major throughfare between L.A. and Ventura Santa Barabra. This park is really easy to get to by anyone, including the homeless. The park has good bathrooms and running water. This is the only campsite in the park. In the past I was a volunteer for over 10 years here and other close by State and National Parks. This park suffers from too many people, trash and graffiti. Additionally just down the road from here is a large county run youth detention center. There is a trail close to this center that goes right into the campsite. Not a long hike. The homeless situation in this general area is a problem, although I have never known it to affect this park.

It is very easy to disappear from this campsite without being noticed. At the time of the shooting it was dark out, with a half moon, which would have made enough light to get around easy. I think this crime may have been commited by a homeless person, who walked by and shot into the tent, or a gang banger. Lastly the LEO rangers at this park are few and far between. I might also mention the Malibu Serieffs station, which is close by, is one of the worst and in my book one of the most useless. They have a very bad reputation with all the cyclist in the area, and whenever I have made contact with them, they have been worthless. My point here, is it easy to commit crimes at the park that no one wants to deal with. It now appears there have been serveral recent shooting here, without any followup or increase in law enforcement.

Reactions: Flipper

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I have my CCW here in Kalifornia. I carry all the time. I've taught my boys how to use all of them. It's a tragedy what happened to this family.