Pelican case woes!

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

While the extra room of a larger case would be nice I think this one or one of similar size will work great for your needs.
I think so too. Because i dont take alot with me usually

My whole camp is in this 44lb ruck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarkW

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Note to self

A free pelican case is probably free for s reason :-/

Lol

They hold all my stuff for the truck trips, but im still gonna foot the bill for the bronco

Recent thought: why not buy a sheet of rubber and cut a gasket for the plano boxes???

Can some one show the mating surfaces of lid/box on a plano
..... there is a gasket co. Local maybe i can cook sumn up

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Found an affordable water proof case for anyone interested

uploadfromtaptalk1450976377340.jpg

Yes its a tool box from lowes

uploadfromtaptalk1450976417488.jpg

Yes its got 100% seal and i checked with a 1700 psi preassure washer. At 12" away it was solid, i got closer a few times (6 and 8 inches) so far so good.

uploadfromtaptalk1450976544704.jpg

The latches are good and stout, lockable as well.

uploadfromtaptalk1450976596289.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450976626500.jpg

Its 22"Lx13"Wx11"H

Reactions: utspoolup

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Sorry if a little late but this is DAM ingenious. If only my stuff would fit in a 22x13 footprint. But very creative and great find man. Im also looking at pelican cases for my Gobi. I currently sport a pair of 1919 planos but the MAJOR downfall of them is not the waterproofing but the fact you can not sit on them (well at least me and my 220lb self can not sit on them). Thus the pelican remedy. Looking at a pair of 1610 (Maybe 1620s but I like the lower profile of the 1610s). But I just seen this post here and thought I would give props for a job well done.

Also what hammock you running? I own 6 or so hammocks and have just as much quilts for them, current setup is a warbonnet XLC with superfly tarp, Hammockgear quilts, and whoopie slings/ dutchgear for suspension.

Reactions: stoney126

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Sorry if a little late but this is DAM ingenious. If only my stuff would fit in a 22x13 footprint. But very creative and great find man. Im also looking at pelican cases for my Gobi. I currently sport a pair of 1919 planos but the MAJOR downfall of them is not the waterproofing but the fact you can not sit on them (well at least me and my 220lb self can not sit on them). Thus the pelican remedy. Looking at a pair of 1610 (Maybe 1620s but I like the lower profile of the 1610s). But I just seen this post here and thought I would give props for a job well done.

Also what hammock you running? I own 6 or so hammocks and have just as much quilts for them, current setup is a warbonnet XLC with superfly tarp, Hammockgear quilts, and whoopie slings/ dutchgear for suspension.
Im thinking i will need 6 lol

I run an eagles nest doubke nest and guardian net

No need for a quilt here even in winter, especially with me trusty surplus sleepsystem with the gortex bivy

Last edited: