Launch Member

Contributor I

Phelan California
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Holley
Member #

I just joined the OB community and I'm sorry if there is already a location for this, please feel free to direct me to it. One of the major things I was hopping for by joining this community was down loadable pdf files. I have found a pre planning check list within one article, I have found a Skottle cook book in another posting. Having one centrally located board with nothing but the approved down loadable PDF's all labled and put together would be awesome. That way individuals dont have to sift through articles and posts to find the pdf's.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I just joined the OB community and I'm sorry if there is already a location for this, please feel free to direct me to it. One of the major things I was hopping for by joining this community was down loadable pdf files. I have found a pre planning check list within one article, I have found a Skottle cook book in another posting. Having one centrally located board with nothing but the approved down loadable PDF's all labled and put together would be awesome. That way individuals dont have to sift through articles and posts to find the pdf's.
I think this idea is certainly worth considering as the site grows and evolves, though right now I'm not sure there are an awful lot of .pdf files on the site to gather. The membership has nearly doubled in the last eight-nine months and most newer members are reading and asking questions, not adding pieces with downloadable .pdf files.

There are a growing number of downloadable routes in GPX and KML format, and they are all together in the Overland Bound Routes: Downloadable forum.

I'll keep it in mind and will keep track of .pdf files as I see them. I'll also bring up the idea with moderators who have more experience and see what they've noticed and think about the idea of a common spot.

Let's see if it is warranted right now in numbers, and if it can be built into the site so .pdf files are automatically added to a common spot. They would have to be properly named, and if they aren't--such as fredspost.pdf--then it would be an ongoing housekeeping task to have a moderator read each one and rename it so it can more easily identified, like freds-kitchenpullout.pdf.

I'm starting to work on a Writer's Guide for the Submit A Bootcamp Article section and will include that if a .pdf file is included to give it a good identifying file name.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Nicholas Holley, much appreciated.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Good idea, central repository for various types of down-loadables:
Routes, check lists, maybe even how to articles.

Reactions: Road