Cancelled PCE Trail Ride to Pinelands Brewing Co.

• HTML tutorial

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
I think the only thing that would prevent it would be the brewery closing. Right @Xplorr313
Well not really. We just couldn’t go to the brewery afterwards. The trail ride won’t stop cause of that. Lol. The outdoors doesn’t close. Hahaha

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

or they issue national or state lockdown? Not sure that would affect trail ride.

Reactions: Xplorr313

#Get_Lost_In_A_Tundra

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

West Milford, NJ, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
O’Brien
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFG305
Anyone close enough to that area to maybe give an update next week on the water levels? I see we might be getting a few days of rain.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
or they issue national or state lockdown? Not sure that would affect trail ride.
If we’re in a lockdown, yeah that would probably cause me to cancel. This whole thing is bs and overly dramatic. They just need to chill.

Ri_T_chie B

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
RICHARD
Last Name
BURKEHOLDER
Member #

I think a nice trail ride is exactly what we all need. Let’s hope we can get out there. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens in the next few days.
Honestly, even if the brewery is closed and if we are able to.. hitting the trail and getting outdoors would do some good.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Good news & Bad news.....the Good news is state parks & forests are open for "passive recreation"...meaning we'll just be driving, or passing thru the forest.
However, the bad news apply to those that thought about camping. That'll be closed til further notice. Thank you all. Be safe & smart.
Press release can be found below;

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
Hi everyone,

I was so excited about doing this ride with all of you but we are facing a tidal wave and there isn’t much we can do to stop it. As a healthcare worker and part of the planning teams I can tell you we are woefully unprepared as a nation.

The only thing we can control is keeping our distance from each other.

I STRONGLY urge you all to skip any kind of meetup. Driving along in your own trucks seems harmless enough but meeting up and hanging out will open all of you and your loved ones to potentially fatal outcomes.

I look forward to riding with all of you in the future after this settles down.

Be safe,

Kenny

#Get_Lost_In_A_Tundra

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

West Milford, NJ, USA
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
O’Brien
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFG305
Sooo I guess I’ll be the first party pooper to bail on the trail ride. Due to everything going on and me having a three month old I feel it’s best if I remove myself from any type of gathering. I’m disappointed but being safe right now is all that matters. I hope everyone one here is safe and healthy and when this blows over I hope we can do another trail ride. I’ll even buy the first round at the brewery!!!

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Sooo I guess I’ll be the first party pooper to bail on the trail ride. Due to everything going on and me having a three month old I feel it’s best if I remove myself from any type of gathering. I’m disappointed but being safe right now is all that matters. I hope everyone one here is safe and healthy and when this blows over I hope we can do another trail ride. I’ll even buy the first round at the brewery!!!
Sorry you won’t be able to make it. I’m seriously contemplating canceling. I don’t want to but then again, I don’t want to be the cause of someone getting sick or myself getting sick.

Quicksand fJC

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida, NY, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Sanz
Member #

Is the trail mapped out and recorded? Are you able share the route maybe we could just meet up and use CB to minimize any exposure. I'm sure we could all use some time to decompress and enjoy our rigs. IDK whats the official stance of OB? My wife is in health care and I could confirm the threat is real. I for one am definitely on the fence.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
Is the trail mapped out and recorded? Are you able share the route maybe we could just meet up and use CB to minimize any exposure. I'm sure we could all use some time to decompress and enjoy our rigs. IDK whats the official stance of OB? My wife is in health care and I could confirm the threat is real. I for one am definitely on the fence.
The route is not mapped or recorded. I basically have it saved mentally (I know the pines like the back of my hand). We could minimize exposure no problem, just keep a distance of 6ft when talking outside of our rigs.

I’m going to keep the event open until the 26th. I will reassess everything then and make a decision then on either to keep it or to postpone it. Hopefully things will start to die down before then and no more closures and/or lockdowns happen by then.

Reactions: Redbear

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

CB, Social wave with distance. Perhaps keep the route not too technical (for now, until next meet) so the likelihood of needing to make close contact is eliminated? If everyone is able to self-recover then carry on.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
I hate to be the party pooper but I’m canceling the event until this is all over with. Sorry everyone. 782E2C3A-DB9C-442F-8660-7FA7A84D78B3.jpeg