Not open for further replies.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

*UPDATE* GONE TO A HAPPY HOME...

Ok one more while I take a break from organizing stuff in my garage to watch Game of Thrones LOL...

Anyone need, or know someone that needs a partial basic tool set? I'd rather send all of this to one person that actually needs this and may make use of it all and save them some cash if they don't already have some trail/garage tools.

I used to have these in my old truck but they've just been taking up space and collecting dust in my garage for a few years now. These were painted black to be less visible as I didn't have tinted windows or safe storage. They are pretty well used but function perfectly. Ugly? Maybe, but also ready for the back of your truck :)

Craftsman 230 piece mechanics tool set… (missing a couple small things, I will try to find or replace before sending) …I'm including the new hex key set as I know for a fact I can't find the ones that came with the set.

Dewalt 18v cordless drill… (two batteries and charger, works great)

Last edited:

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I have a set of factory running boards for an Excursion, They also would fit an 99 to 05 Super Duty. I also have the factory cladding/rock guards if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@ASNOBODY - PM me an address and I'll clean up and ship one of these thangs out to you by noon tmorrow. If I don't, I'm gonna fill it up and won't want to give it to you anymore. Ha! All are now sold other than a couple I was keeping, so you're getting one of those.

11inthedrive.jpg

I'll still come by for a visit when out your way, though, so don't think you're going to get off easy.

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Please read before asking; I have one ticket (driver) for our 2017 Off Grid Rally in September. This is a free ticket that I'm giving to someone who wanted to go but was unable to because of money issues. This is a chance for myself to give something back to our Community with no strings attached. All I'm asking is this, think before you ask for the ticket, yes it's free but I'd like to give this to someone who probably would never have a chance if someone hadn't helped them out. So with that said please feel free to reach and recommend someone or even yourself. I will notify the person who gets the ticket personally. Thanks.

Ticket has been given away, thanks.!!

Last edited:

FrankR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chico, Ca
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Rebelo
Member #

This group is amazing and I love how much everyone has been sharing. I'm digging around to purposely find things to give away to a new home now.

It's small, but super sweet, it's a Nalgene Flask!
10oz Size, with a little insulating blue sleeve.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

PAY IT FORWARD TIME:

I picked up a bunch of O-rings that fit caps on the Hi-Density Poly-Ethlyene (HDPE) Military Water Cans from LCI, and presumably Scepter cans, too. They came in bags of 40ea. I'm passing them along in sets of three for free (incl 1st class postage) to anyone who wants to use or experiment with a set or two.

Limit two sets per person, please
, until I see no more requests. Then I'll post again if there is demand.

NOTE: Some people like and want O-rings for their water cans, others don't see the need. Some say MWCs originally came with O-rings, other say not so. This is not the thread to discuss that, but simply to ask for O-rings if you want them.

I bought O-rings to find out for myself if they're worth using and am passing on what I don't need. Details below.

LCI-MWC-upright-n-side_9834-700.JPG

These are FDA Food Grade o-rings from The O-Ring Store.

There are three sizes per set:
1 - filler cap (largest O-ring): 3 1/2"ID X 3 11/16"OD X 3/32 - #153 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70153)
2 - pouring cap (med O-ring): 7/8"ID X 1 1/16"OD X 3/32" - #118 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70118)
3 - the vent cap (smallest O-ring): 1/2"ID X 5/8"OD X 1/16” - #014 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70014)

If anyone knows of better O-rings for this application, please PM me.

LCI-MWC-o-ring-asst_9854-700.JPG

After multiple tests over the last month, filling jugs to a reasonable level, moving them from the two typical storage positions (1st image above) to leaving them flat on their sides and at angles for several hours, and jostling them around vigorously, the only O-ring I've personally found useful (and only marginally useful at that), is the largest O-ring for the filler cap. The pouring cap (middle sized) has not leaked on any of my four MWCs, either with or without an O-ring, and the vent cap only squishes the bejesus out of an O-ring and pushes it out of round, rendering it useless. My experience is the vent caps actually seal tighter--and look a hell of a lot better--without an O-ring.

LCI-MWC-fill-lid-o-ring_9849-700.JPG

If you want to experiment with a set for your own purposes or are convinced MWCs are supposed to have O-rings, please don't post your opinion here or ask for a set here, send me a PM, please.

Those that send a PM with whatever info I need to mail a set to you, will get a set mailed out the next morning. No info, no bueno, no set mailed, mucho sadness. Provide the info needed, you get a set for free.

Then it's up to you to pay it forward.

edit: corrected O-ring size for vent cap

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14476

Wow, this imo is absolutely insane, Overland Bound for sure, is a community that defines one for the better, I for sure have a whole bunch of parts and trinkets that I have laying around, I'll be posting them on here later tonight!

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Bump for the MWC O-rings . . .I still have a bunch and have them with me on the road. Anyone who would like a set as detailed below, let me know and I'll pop a set in the mail next post office I go by.

PAY IT FORWARD TIME:

I picked up a bunch of O-rings that fit caps on the Hi-Density Poly-Ethlyene (HDPE) Military Water Cans from LCI, and presumably Scepter cans, too. They came in bags of 40ea. I'm passing them along in sets of three for free (incl 1st class postage) to anyone who wants to use or experiment with a set or two.

Limit two sets per person, please
, until I see no more requests. Then I'll post again if there is demand.

NOTE: Some people like and want O-rings for their water cans, others don't see the need. Some say MWCs originally came with O-rings, other say not so. This is not the thread to discuss that, but simply to ask for O-rings if you want them.

I bought O-rings to find out for myself if they're worth using and am passing on what I don't need. Details below.

View attachment 32002

These are FDA Food Grade o-rings from The O-Ring Store.

There are three sizes per set:
1 - filler cap (largest O-ring): 3 1/2"ID X 3 11/16"OD X 3/32 - #153 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70153)
2 - pouring cap (med O-ring): 7/8"ID X 1 1/16"OD X 3/32" - #118 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70118)
3 - the vent cap (smallest O-ring): 1/2"ID X 5/8"OD X 1/16” - #014 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70014)

If anyone knows of better O-rings for this application, please PM me.

View attachment 32000

After multiple tests over the last month, filling jugs to a reasonable level, moving them from the two typical storage positions (1st image above) to leaving them flat on their sides and at angles for several hours, and jostling them around vigorously, the only O-ring I've personally found useful (and only marginally useful at that), is the largest O-ring for the filler cap. The pouring cap (middle sized) has not leaked on any of my four MWCs, either with or without an O-ring, and the vent cap only squishes the bejesus out of an O-ring and pushes it out of round, rendering it useless. My experience is the vent caps actually seal tighter--and look a hell of a lot better--without an O-ring.

View attachment 32003

If you want to experiment with a set for your own purposes or are convinced MWCs are supposed to have O-rings, please don't post your opinion here or ask for a set here, send me a PM, please.

Those that send a PM with whatever info I need to mail a set to you, will get a set mailed out the next morning. No info, no bueno, no set mailed, mucho sadness. Provide the info needed, you get a set for free.

Then it's up to you to pay it forward.

edit: corrected O-ring size for vent cap

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures
D

Deleted member 14476

Here's my first contribution that'll I'll be happy to see go to a new home

Have a pair of Rough Country N.20 Nitro REAR shocks for an 07-13 Silverado, I'm not sure what all it'd 100% fit on besides those years, but if you know they'll fit PM me and they're yours. If it's not too expensive hell I'll even cover shipping. They've literally never left my room, never mounted, the only life they've seen is the walls of my house

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Here's my first contribution that'll I'll be happy to see go to a new home

Have a pair of Rough Country N.20 Nitro REAR shocks for an 07-13 Silverado, I'm not sure what all it'd 100% fit on besides those years, but if you know they'll fit PM me and they're yours. If it's not too expensive hell I'll even cover shipping. They've literally never left my room, never mounted, the only life they've seen is the walls of my house

Do you think they'd fit an 02 Sierra?

D

Deleted member 14476

Do you think they'd fit an 02 Sierra?
Sorry dude, another fellow OB member grabbed them in my PM's about 5 minutes before this post!
I'll still answer the question with that I'm not really 100% sure, my knowledge on shocks isn't too crazy, I know for sure 07-13

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

I'm gonna be going through a lot of stuff for an upcoming yardsale. I'll see what I've got that can be shipped out, and put some stuff up here.

I still have the Hollywood Bike Racks over spare tire, double bike carrier that I offered many thread pages ago. Can't ship this, but to anyone in need, in the LA area - let's meet up. Otherwise it's going to the yardsale.

Status
Not open for further replies.