Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
We use one of these in our trailer, having a spring-loaded "flat" keeps the towels at bay so the wind doesn't cause it to unroll and makes it easy to tear off a sheet with one hand.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Get one of your grandma's hat pins and "drill" it into the roll before you install it in the holder. It keeps it from unrolling, but the towels easily tear around it. Hat pins cost next to nothing and the towel holder I'm using was like $8.

IMG_7781.jpeg

Last edited:

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We use one of these in our trailer, having a spring-loaded "flat" keeps the towels at bay so the wind doesn't cause it to unroll and makes it easy to tear off a sheet with one hand.

Michelle loves her Expedition Essentials towel holder, a bit of the overland tax on the price, but no more towels blowing all over, and one handed use. just make sure to have enough flat real estate for the magnets to stick to. if you want an option to stick it to glass, aluminum or plastic surface, Mob Armor has round metalic pads with 3M adhesive on the back for their tablet mount that work well for the towel holder to stick to.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Michelle loves her Expedition Essentials towel holder, a bit of the overland tax on the price, but no more towels blowing all over, and one handed use. just make sure to have enough flat real estate for the magnets to stick to. if you want an option to stick it to glass, aluminum or plastic surface, Mob Armor has round metalic pads with 3M adhesive on the back for their tablet mount that work well for the towel holder to stick to.
They're not in stock now, but at the time I was able to order mine with the adhesive disks from here - Expedition Essentials Quick Paper Towel Holder w/stick on discs - since our trailer is aluminum.

Reactions: OBB

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
I buy towels in individual packaged rolls. I punch a hole in one end of the package and work the cardboard tube out with a stick or a dowel. I then pull the towels out from the center. It keeps the roll clean, together, and dry. I can stuff it anywhere, it takes up zero room, and it's free.
That really an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing, appreciate it!

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
They're not in stock now, but at the time I was able to order mine with the adhesive disks from here - Expedition Essentials Quick Paper Towel Holder w/stick on discs - since our trailer is aluminum.
Yes, I saw this one two. When it's folded together, does it rattle when you drive?

I liked the idea how it secures the towns with a down pressure spring system. Thought therefore about a spring sheet metal and attach that to my one, to solve it with the same concept like this one.

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
Get one of your grandma's hat pins and "drill" it into the roll before you install it in the holder. It keeps it from unrolling, but the towels easily tear around it. Hat pins cost next to nothing and the towel holder I'm using was like $8.

View attachment 239331
Oh yeah, this is also a great idea. Love it. Thanks. I'll try this.

Reactions: Kevin108

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Yes, I saw this one two. When it's folded together, does it rattle when you drive?

I liked the idea how it secures the towns with a down pressure spring system. Thought therefore about a spring sheet metal and attach that to my one, to solve it with the same concept like this one.
I have no idea since it lives in the trailer, sorry!

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS

I have no idea since it lives in the trailer, sorry!
Lol, yes, please don't put anyone in there while driving to find it out.

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS

View attachment 239331
I used this method on the weekend and it works perfectly. I took the needle of the first couple of times until I realized and understood your description. Just keeping the needle in does the whole trick.
Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it!

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Hey OB family.

I use a small rubber band at current to avoid that the paper towel is spinning and spreading out the good stuff on my campsite. Just anoying to do it each time when you need a paper towel. Any idea how to fix it?

I have been eyeing this for some time…

Reactions: Shahn

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
Hey OB family.

I use a small rubber band at current to avoid that the paper towel is spinning and spreading out the good stuff on my campsite. Just anoying to do it each time when you need a paper towel. Any idea how to fix it?

I have been eyeing this for some time…

I do think that is a really cool one. Also on my list. Until my one breaks down, I will go with the low-cost idea by @Kevin108 and the needle methods. He added a picture in this thread above.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

I use paper towel holders from Harbor freight. They're sold in with their tool chests & are magnetic. when the wind picks up just squeeze the 2 pieces closer together to cinch down on the roll.
Find it here.....Towel Holder

Reactions: KonzaLander

Shawn686

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Canada
These ones work good:

The weight of the roll tensions it against the mounting surface. Any of the hinged ones are good, if you need more tension than the weight of the paper towel has just hang off the holder to weight it down more. Or I have in the past used a piece of hose or pipe that fits inside the paper towel roll and over the hanger to weight it down

Shawn

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Bungee cord through the cardboard tube and connected between any two points. . . The best solution for my rig and use because I can move it anywhere I may need it on or off my truck in any wind conditions.

20210627_123215.jpg

Reactions: Fred25246