Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
We have had boots, coats ,jackets , since ive been looking over the weekend for some summers hunting hiking pants thought id throw it out on here
Been looking at FJALLRAVEN LAPPLAND HYBREDS . Tried army surplus but i dont like wearing camo so ive had cahart etc but they get wet and heavey in the rain the need over trousers and harkila but their pro seriers are to warm in the summer. Orded fjallraven ill let you know Bnt

Reactions: ASNOBODY

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

A good pair of levi's is really my most used and common pair of pants. I prefer the ones with a little bit of stretch.

I do have a pair of these UF PRO pants I got a couple years ago, and they are actually pretty awesome. I've used them for absolutely nothing they were designed for though, like snowboarding and bmx haha. I'll use them more for hiking and stuff this year I think.

XPlore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lomita
Member #

I really considered fjallraven but too pricey for me. I went with Mammut Transcend convertible pants. They repel water great, light-weight and can transform into shorts when you need to!

Here ya go

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I really considered fjallraven but too pricey for me. I went with Mammut Transcend convertible pants. They repel water great, light-weight and can transform into shorts when you need to!

Here ya go
Looked at the mammut but tried them on and they never had my size lol. Ive got some. Cargopants from a surplus. Really cheap yet well made bought a loads for the lads in work went back the company that makes them went under just my luck. The Fajallraven. Are £ 130 But they do a pair for £399 now thats to much. If the cheaper ones are as good as the site reviews should get a few seasons out of them So worth it in the long run

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
A good pair of levi's is really my most used and common pair of pants. I prefer the ones with a little bit of stretch.

I do have a pair of these UF PRO pants I got a couple years ago, and they are actually pretty awesome. I've used them for absolutely nothing they were designed for though, like snowboarding and bmx haha. I'll use them more for hiking and stuff this year I think.
I wear jeans but for hunting or treaking no good in bad weather or even summer showers I allways carry waterproof s north face or berghaus But like to wear a good pair or lightwights that are either waterproof or dry fast jeans dont and get uncomfatable when soaked through , Got a pair of Abacroby shorts in vagas though brillient camo cargo ones dry fast but we dont get shorts weather that often lol

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I wear jeans but for hunting or treaking no good in bad weather or even summer showers I allways carry waterproof s north face or berghaus But like to wear a good pair or lightwights that are either waterproof or dry fast jeans dont and get uncomfatable when soaked through , Got a pair of Abacroby shorts in vagas though brillient camo cargo ones dry fast but we dont get shorts weather that often lol
Rain is always an issue of course but I usually have a pretty long rain poncho with me that rolls up into a tiny pouch. Jeans aren't always the most utilitarian pants obviously but it's more about comfort for me. I also use a repellent spray like the Kiwi Camp Dry kind of thing on my jeans after each wash. But to be fair, if it's over 60 degrees…I'm in shorts no matter what anyway haha.

I haven't had much luck finding some lightweight/waterproof pants that are also stretch material (in my old age I need this option more and more). The UF PRO's above are all of those things but a bit heavier than I'd like.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg
Rain is always an issue of course but I usually have a pretty long rain poncho with me that rolls up into a tiny pouch. Jeans aren't always the most utilitarian pants obviously but it's more about comfort for me. I also use a repellent spray like the Kiwi Camp Dry kind of thing on my jeans after each wash. But to be fair, if it's over 60 degrees…I'm in shorts no matter what anyway haha.

I haven't had much luck finding some lightweight/waterproof pants that are also stretch material (in my old age I need this option more and more). The UF PRO's above are all of those things but a bit heavier than I'd like.
Most of my hunting treaking is in snowdonia or north england were we get more than our fair share of rain Ive tried gortex harkila expensive but when it pours down all day even they let in eventually. I find a mix of over trousers and light weights under neath Works Most gear no matter how expensive or reputation will reach saturation point its how fast they dry out that matters to me. Sitting ona qaud following a pack of hounds needs warm gear that stays dry for as long as possible ive tried them all beleave me

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Duluth Trading Post Fire Hose Work Pants: https://goo.gl/kks4t5

"Tougher than an angry beaver"

I have three pairs; one on me, one in the laundry, and one to change into. Constant rotation, as they're all I wear. (Well, it's not *all* I wear. That would be inappropriate, but you get my point...)

Reactions: Andy G and ASNOBODY

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Duluth Trading Post Fire Hose Work Pants: https://goo.gl/kks4t5

"Tougher than an angry beaver"

I have three pairs; one on me, one in the laundry, and one to change into. Constant rotation, as they're all I wear. (Well, it's not *all* I wear. That would be inappropriate, but you get my point...)
now they look good just emailed them they look like cahart

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

View attachment 23190
Most of my hunting treaking is in snowdonia or north england were we get more than our fair share of rain Ive tried gortex harkila expensive but when it pours down all day even they let in eventually. I find a mix of over trousers and light weights under neath Works Most gear no matter how expensive or reputation will reach saturation point its how fast they dry out that matters to me. Sitting ona qaud following a pack of hounds needs warm gear that stays dry for as long as possible ive tried them all beleave me
Truth be told, Welsh mud is tough than any other mud LOL. I totally understand your dilemma.

I'll be in South West Wales next month. Gonna have to bring my summer wellies. :)

Spurs14

Rank 0

Contributor II

Uk
Best ones I've come across are 5:11 pants , around £45 in the uk ,light, comfortable, hard wearing and plenty of pockets , dry quickly

Reactions: Flipper

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I recently picked up a pair of CQR pants. They're a poly/cotton blend pant (65p/35c), with a rip stop fabric, and a really good durable waterproof coating. The knees are reinforced, and they have 8 pockets or so. They seemed to be true to size to me, and they also have a little elastic in the waste, which is nice, since there's a lot of me to love. They come in a ton of outdoorsy colors, and the best part is the were only about $25 USD or so on Amazon. I recently wore them on a soaking wet weekend camp that involved a lot of hiking through overgrown trail and briars, and they were fantastic. Word of warning though, they are more of a cooler weather pant. If the temp goes above 80* F, then they would start to be uncomfortable, and would have trouble wicking enough moisture, unless you were in a dry climate. Ideally, I'm thinking they would be best between 30 to 70 degrees F in more humid climates like here the East Coast. If the link below doesn't work, copy and paste the following into Amazon's search: CQR Men's Tactical Pants Lightweight Assault Cargo

I LOVE them, and would buy them again in a heartbeat. But now I need to find a cooler summer pant... the search continues.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

5.11 tactical pants and shorts lightweight very durable, lots of pockets

MSOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I just purchased a pair of Kuhl Radikl (swear spelling is correct). Simply put, the most comfortable pair of pants I've ever worn. Check them out. They have some fabric in the seams that make it feel like your wear pajama pants all day.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

OverlandRecon

Rank II

Advocate II

I just purchased a pair of Kuhl Radikl (swear spelling is correct). Simply put, the most comfortable pair of pants I've ever worn. Check them out. They have some fabric in the seams that make it feel like your wear pajama pants all day.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I like the Kuhl brand, they are comfortable and well made. Recently I came across these from the company Off The Grid, they are marketed as Overland pants. I decided to spend $55 on them, but they will not be shipping until late November. At $55 they seem like a great deal. I hope they fit well.